Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 05:01 PM

How your dog drinks...

....just a little video I thought some may like to see. It shows how they lap it up in a spoon action rather than the top surface.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DkG2...embedded#at=23
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 05:18 PM
That may be how normal dogs drink.. Kismet on the other hand tends to favour the bite and scoop method causing as much mess as possible. For preference she likes to kick the water up with a paw first then try to catch it in mid air!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Benjie pushes his top lip and nose up against the edge of the bowl and drinks.

Louie sticks his whole chin in and scoops it with his tongue .

Sadie however drinks normally - like a lady
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Cain drinks fine but has the inability to remember to swallow the last mouthful. He drinks then runs from his bowl to do something more important, don't swallow and dribbles it 10 miles through the house
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Cain drinks fine but has the inability to remember to swallow the last mouthful. He drinks then runs from his bowl to do something more important, don't swallow and dribbles it 10 miles through the house
haha, Loui used to do that all the time!! problem was he used to come over like HELLO Id be up on the couch to avoid the drool

He actually isnt bad so there may be hope for Cain yet! I think he stopped when he was 3.5yrs or thereabouts now he is just an average messy drinker!

Kismet knows how to have fun then
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
We have another one here - he's part hamster I swear - he holds it in his cheeks til he reaches your knee (Louie I mean)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Tell me about it My NEW kitchen lino around the water bowl is a mass of "waves" all that water that's got underneath it somehow, why can't dogs just drink instead of leaving half the water bowl all around it on the floor, then the next thing they do is come straight over to you and dribble all over your legs!!!

I've tried the towel underneath, and now I'm resorting to a tray with a 2" lip around the edges to see if that holds all the water instead of my new lino. Georgie is a very delicate drinker, he's probably a spooner, whereas that Zena, well, I don't know what she is, she's a big slurper who causes tsunami's in my kitchen!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:51 PM
I have no idea how alfie drinks as he sticks his face really low in so his "beard" and whiskers get drenched and then he runs about with them dripping for ages....
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Interesting one , Tom is really consistent and laps up the same amount each scoop , very repetitive and no mess Bella on the other hand causes a flood every time she is at the water bowl !
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 10:02 PM
ROFL at some of these.

Dougal just makes a lot of noise when he's drinking, I swear he's trying to inhale the water which results in a kinda watery schnarrrk noise, once schnarrrking has been completed he comes through to the living room and you get a rather loud watery barrrrrp...as he belches cause he's drunk too much too quickly.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >