Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Littlepony View Post
Don't mind at all, very interesting!

Chances are I will go for the purebred, just £600 seems alot for a dog that could still get the problems of a non purebred. Didnt even pay that for my horses
might even be more than that for the type of dog that you may be looking for? (I.e. health)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:50 PM
can see by the movement of a dog if its hips are 'off' as an adult,

Sorry this is not infallible, one of the worst movers I ever saw was a GSD with a 0:0 hip score, one of the best had hips of 72!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes there is a GSD pedigree site that list all pedigrees names and hip scores and Jacquenetta keep all the scores done on hips and elbows in the UK.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
thanks Jodee, do you feel a raw diet helps in that respect either before 'symptoms' occur and afterwards?

Also, if someone does not have access to a pool, pond, hydrotherapy etc what would be recommended exercise wise?

Sorry just curious Littlepony, hope you dont mind!

I personally feel feeding a raw balanced diet does give a dog the best chance I feed raw from day 1 that I have the dog-wasn't able to when I had my Brett who had the 68 hip score & Jessie who has a score of 56, stayed with her breeder on crap food & crated/kennelled nearly 24/7 until she was 15 months old !

TBH most areas of the UK now have a hydro pool within driving distance. I took Brett to a racehorse trainers yard to use his pool as I had him before there were pools for dogs & I swam him in the sea as well
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:34 PM
thanks guys and thanks Littlepony for letting me saboutage your thread a bit there!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5