Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:34 PM

Dog tags

I need to get Jake a new dog tag. He has had cheapo ones in the past, where you put the details on a piece of paper inside a barrel. But he likes sposhing in water, and they eventually come apart anyway (even with a bit of nail varnish on)

So, I am going to get him a nice engraved one, but I'm not sure how much detail I need to put on. Is phone number, house number and post code ok, or do I need to give the full address?
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:36 PM
The Control of Dogs Order 1992 mandates that any dog in a public place must wear a collar with the name and address (including postcode) of the owner engraved or written on it, or engraved on a tag. Your telephone number is optional (but advisable). We are only able to engrave a maximum of four lines on each side of the tag. The more characters on a line, the smaller the engraving will be.
Taken from the Kennel Club website
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:36 PM
You by law, have to have everything on! Which reminds me - I need to get Louie's done. I'd go for a embossed one - that way the writing doesn't get distorted - especially with water.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:40 PM
I have my full address, home phone number, mobile phone number, 'microchipped' and 'neutered' on my dogs tags. I had a fair amount of space left on the tags, so thought I'd throw the microchipped and neutered in there.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:44 PM
For a water loving dog I would thoroughly recommend something like this:

http://www.k9alliance.co.uk/index.ph...d=22&Itemid=22

Which is what I use on my dog and boarding dogs too:

The writing doesn't rub off like my old engraved tags, and it's easy to wash in soapy water to get the mud off!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:54 PM
I use the same ones as Kalasin (after asking her where she got them ) and I am really pleased with them .
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks, off shopping
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I've just replaced one of Teds tags as he's managed to lose it He has a thick plastic one and I just had his name, my address, home number and microchipped on it. He also has another with the same info but my mobile number on it as he has lost a few tags in the past .
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
I use the same ones as Kalasin (after asking her where she got them ) and I am really pleased with them .
I wish I'd waited - after I posted I went and sent off for a couple I'd been recommended by Leanne W. They look really nice.

Does any one know where I can get the "I'm microchipped" tags from? Shop wise - I can't afford to order one tag online - P&P is a fortune these days.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I wish I'd waited - after I posted I went and sent off for a couple I'd been recommended by Leanne W. They look really nice.

Does any one know where I can get the "I'm microchipped" tags from? Shop wise - I can't afford to order one tag online - P&P is a fortune these days.
Don't know if this is any good? They don't charge postage on tags

http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/dog-...ped-p-558.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >