Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 11:49 AM

Dog Related Accidents...

So, what sort of injuries have your dogs caused you??

I'm only asking cos yesterday I got one of my worst ones ever!

I had come home from work and was in the garden playing with the boys.

They were doing super-death-chasing around the garden, and I was stood in one place, watching (and laughing).

Somehow, Murphy managed to crash into my legs at top speed (he left gouges in the lawn trying to stop); his concrete-block head smashed into my knee cap; the rest of his knocked my legs out from under me and I smashed onto the floor.

Realised VERY quickly that I couldn't move my leg properly, or stand up and I was in a lot of pain. Of course, the dogs were very concerned and snuffed in my face a lot!

Mr IsoChick wasn't home, my phone was in the house, so I had to literally crawl back into the house, so I could use the kitchen worktops etc to help me stand.

I couldn't get up the stairs, so spent the rest of the night on the sofa until Mr IsoChick came home and helped me upstairs!

I can move my knee/ankle/hip, and can hobble around but am in some considerable pain, especially if I need to stand for any length of time however I don't think I've broken or dislocated anything - but it was a close call!!

So - what's the worst your dogs have done to you!?
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Gosh, I hope you are ok. Get to the doctor if it doesn't improve quickly.

Mine have crashed into me and sent me flying a few times, once when I was having a chat with my landlady, which was a bit embarrassing. They usually get me from behind though, a decent crash into the back of the knees gets me flying through the air beautifully!

I've never had any major damage from the dogs, but I have had a black eye from a cat
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 11:55 AM
This (linked for blood)
http://www.paperpangolin.net/imgs/owwww.jpg
Which turned to this! (linked for gross )
http://www.paperpangolin.net/imgs/owweww.jpg

Doctor put me on antibiotics and it went even grosser and got sent to A&E with a view to being admitted to go on IV antibiotics for it, ended up just having it all cleaned out (ow!) and being sent home with even more antibiotics. Still have a big scar from it, and I now know not to use attach a longline to a dog when standing at the top of a grassy verge when it's not long rained It was a combination of my lack of thought there and two off-lead dogs dashing over and I suddenly ended up at the bottom of the verge with 4 dogs on top of me, one must've caught me with a claw or a tooth or something. Most annoying bit was that the owner never asked if I was OK, and once I managed to limp back to the car, what happens when I'm trying to get my two in the boot - these dogs come running across the car park
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Well *touch wood* I have never had any serious dog related injury. I have had nasty scratches and bruises but that is it.

But hugs to you and I hope you get better soon
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Lilly and Dandy sent my Mam Flying on the beach. I went into absolute panic as she's a bit frail and has bone issues but luckily after a bit of a sit she was fine.

As someone else said, I get more injuries from my Cats
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Some good scratches....I fell off a wall on the way to an agility show to which Mother very kindly asked me to make sure I was not hurt so we would not be late. Have a nice scar and dent in my leg from that one.

Been knocked flying a few times, but mainly pride been hurt more than anything else.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 12:31 PM
ive never been hurt by my own dogs but at work storm the flatcoat split my lip when he jumped up to get to a dog which was going at him through a fence (he has some issues since being attacked) as he lept up onto two legs to lunge forward he headbutted me

also got bitten by a boxer at work when trying to get the 3 of them to stop having a go at another dog through the compound fence.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Ouch! Poor you *Hugs* Hope you're feeling better soon.....

Diesel head butted me in the face while we were in the vets, he gets so stressed out, so I picked him up and he was sat on my lap, another dog came in, and I got head butted.

I couldn't see straight, so I gave him to my hubby, and Diesel did the same to him
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Firstly, I wish you a speedy recovery!

Dexter has caused me two injuries:

1 - he jumped up and his head, which is hard as a rock, collided with the top of my cheekbone and the outer corner of my eye etc.

Within minutes a bump had started developing and by the end of the day it was a bulge, and the entire area was swollen, tender and quite impressive in colour...

What made it worse was that the next night, we had a rather nice dinner arrangement with the family of my brother's GF, and I had to attend looking like I'd just been in a punch up!

2 -Dexter saw a horse and went *beserk*. He lunged so fast and so violently that suddenly I found myself face down on the pavement - and realised I could not get up as my knees and legs were so painful. I also had blood pouring out my palms and when I tried to move, actually thought I would pass out. Meanwhile to my horror my dog was out in the road chasing said horse

I couldn't walk home so thankfully our dog trainer (it was outside the park, just after a lesson!) had to give me a lift. Ended up with bruises and cuts on both knees and both hands.

I was just happy that my dog was OK, but it was pretty traumatic, TBH.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Not really the dogs fault, but in December on the first day of snow, I was texting a colleague to see if we could get to work, when I tripped over the dog bed, headbutted the glass TV stand & split my forehead open . Luckily I was able to have it stitched at the local GP's as I don't think I'd have been able to get to A&E in the snow.

I've fallen/tripped on dog walks many times & ended up with sprained ankles, bruises, soaking wet & dignity in complete tatters ~ but totally my fault, much as I'd like to blame the dogs!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »