View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 09:01 PM
my dog sells for £400-ish pay that? never in a million years!

only got him cos the 'breeder' couldnt sell him before his holiday so gave him so another breeder to find a home!!

his parents were kc reg & they breed kc litters & 'wee-chons'...........i asked if it was a accident...she said no!

orginally he was £300 but the person who put a deposit down never came back so i gave her £50 just as a show of good faith really for him as she had been looking after him for a week!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Well you can then tell they are byb's only as there not bettering any breed it has got to be money orianted.
RANT over.xxxxxxxxxx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 09:38 PM
ptthhhhfffff
how do we stop the stupid people paying for these things and so letting the breeders breed them??
They are fantastic, lovely and individual crosses - but they are MUTTS
(and not pedigrees as I have heard someone proudly say about their ££££ 'poo dog)
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Border1 View Post
Sorry but would have to have told him he bought a over priced cross and if he had gone to the local rescue he would have got one cheaper this issue makes me so mad that there are folk out there who will pay these stupid people for their crosses

The trouble is this is what he wanted, he ended up travelling to Manchester especially for it because he couldn't find one locally.....absolutely mad!!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:02 PM
You know the saying.......... 'A fool and his money......' These people are mad to spend that much on a 'oodle' with the full knowledge of what it is !
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

19-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
You know the saying.......... 'A fool and his money......' These people are mad to spend that much on a 'oodle' with the full knowledge of what it is !

I agree Maladay it is even worse that someone with full knowledge of what it is ,is prepared to pay out silly money for a fancy named Crossbreed. If people like these can't be convinced then how can we expect the ones who don't have the knowledge not to buy them.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
I agree Maladay it is even worse that someone with full knowledge of what it is ,is prepared to pay out silly money for a fancy named Crossbreed. If people like these can't be convinced then how can we expect the ones who don't have the knowledge not to buy them.
That's a very good point, Eunice, and unfortunately, I have no idea what the solution is apart from trying to stop the deliberate breeding of crosses altogether, however, this is very difficult as there will probably always be fools who will pay a ridiculous amount of money for a fancy named crossbreed and you will always get the idiots that breed them.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Border1 View Post
Sorry but does'nt matter what fancy name you give them they are still crossbreeds and no amount of money will change my mind anyway isn't there enought crossbreeds in rescue

I agree with this. A dog is a dog, it doesn't matter whether it's a crossbreed or a pedigree. It makes me sad these designer dogs. I think some people get them just because they see Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson with one in a handbagin one of those terrible magazines.

I would never buy a dog from a breeder - I'll awlays go to Dog's Trust. But that's jsut my preference
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Was having a peek at a labradoodle forum, 23people paid between £1200-£1399, and 5 people paid over £1400, for their dogs. And all these dogs look so different. When will people learn.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I agree with this. A dog is a dog, it doesn't matter whether it's a crossbreed or a pedigree. It makes me sad these designer dogs. I think some people get them just because they see Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson with one in a handbagin one of those terrible magazines.

I would never buy a dog from a breeder - I'll awlays go to Dog's Trust. But that's jsut my preference
yup all the best dogs come from dogs trust
I justify paying so much money for any dog - £70 to save a life - I can be smug and save money
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >