register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you happy with our new Govt?
Yes - it seems to have turned out much better than I originally thought possible 13 16.88%
Yes - I'm fairly happy with how it's turned out 12 15.58%
Yes - I'm moderately happy 6 7.79%
Neutral - not bothered either way 2 2.60%
No - I'm slightly disappointed 3 3.90%
No - I'm a fair bit unhappy 11 14.29%
No - I'm very upset at how it turned out 30 38.96%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Worked under all shades of government & one thing you can always count on the Tories to do is look after their own(ie Upper Middle Class & Upper class-the wealthy) & as for the Lib Dems they are definitely the Yes Man/Woman party, the Tories will get them to say yes for anything-including not getting rid of the unelected House of Lords & not going for PR electoral system.

I'm so glad that I do not have a job any more & that i am close to retirement, so close that nothing this Right Wing lot will be able to change will affect me very much
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Well I voted conservative, as I said on the other thread (though I am not rich/upper class/middle class etc.. I don't have a rich family either, we all worked for our living and hate scroungers ) I am sort of happy as wanted Mr Cameron as PM, but not sure about this coalition, time will tell, I think...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I didn't vote....so that rules me out then
Azz
Administrator
Male 

12-05-2010, 07:02 PM
If anyone's interested, you can watch the first joint press conference in full here.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I chose the last option. I am far from happy with the 'new' government, as I have said on the previous threads regarding this situation.

David Cameron is a stuck up sod and will no doubt look after his own. To hell with the rest of us. He is all for the upper/middle class, not us working class people and most certainly not single people like myself who choose not to have children.

To see David Cameron and Nick Clegg talking together sickens me to the core. I am repulsed. They were enemies and now all of a sudden they are allies - or so it appears. Well, I am not fooled. I doubt it will work. I hope to god I'm wrong and things improve, but I won't hold my breath.

I was never a Labour person, but I liked Gordon Brown (no, not because he is Scottish). He stepped in to Tony Blair's mess and did his best, but yes, his best wasn't good enough I agree. It was never going to be easy for him. I am glad he left when he did. Good for him. He was a good Chancellor.

As I've said many times, and I'll say again, the Tories destroyed Scotland. The poll tax debacle, the decimation of the shipyards and the factories - all thanks to the Tories, yes.

My town once flourished due to the shipyards and the factories, now it's nothing and that is all because of the Tories. We are still paying the price now, but it is getting slightly better.

I'm sad for my country. Yesterday was a sad day for Scotland and I fear for this country. I fear for my future under a Tory government.

And before any of you start on me, this is how I feel.
welshgit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm neutral on this ..................almost Magnolia
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by welshgit View Post
I'm neutral on this ..................almost Magnolia
That made me laugh - thanks.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Not much gets me excited, esp when it comes to matters of a political nature however, this has managed it.

Just hope they can live up to the expectations we have of them.

Ref honeymoon period.

I don't think they're really going to get one.

More like out of the fryingpan and into the fire imo.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Not much gets me excited, esp when it comes to matters of a political nature however, this has managed it.

Just hope they can live up to the expectations we have of them.

Ref honeymoon period.

I don't think they're really going to get one.

More like out of the fryingpan and into the fire imo.
I agree. This is how I feel about the situation.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I chose the last option. I am far from happy with the 'new' government, as I have said on the previous threads regarding this situation.

David Cameron is a stuck up sod and will no doubt look after his own. To hell with the rest of us. He is all for the upper/middle class, not us working class people and most certainly not single people like myself who choose not to have children.

To see David Cameron and Nick Clegg talking together sickens me to the core. I am repulsed. They were enemies and now all of a sudden they are allies - or so it appears.

a tad overstated'.
ideologocially they are both right of centre social liberals.
how do you know they were "enemies"
dont you mean political opponents?
why cant opponents find negoatiated common cause and *compromise*
surely that a good thing, isnt it?
after all, total non compromise was thatcher's thing, and you didnt like that?

Well, I am not fooled. I doubt it will work. I hope to god I'm wrong and things improve, but I won't hold my breath.

I was never a Labour person, but I liked Gordon Brown (no, not because he is Scottish). He stepped in to Tony Blair's mess and did his best, but yes, his best wasn't good enough I agree.

T.bliars mess?
whom was the chancellor?
and when he was the chancellor, whom redefined that job, the first time in history, as being a dual premiership?
whom helped create nu labour along with bliar and mandy?
they were just old tories....right oif centre tories, so you can track a line from major, bliar, and cameron.
none of whom are thatcher.

It was never going to be easy for him. I am glad he left when he did. Good for him. He was a good Chancellor.

As I've said many times, and I'll say again, the Tories destroyed Scotland. The poll tax debacle, the decimation of the shipyards and the factories - all thanks to the Tories, yes.

this may be so. the poll tax was crap, but the whole of uk had that, so i dont get the 'scottish destruction angle'.
personally, im not suffering from my poll tax days, as i paid it about 15 years ago
shipyards and factories, thats true.
but these closed down in england as well.

mind you, labour and laterly SNP have had 13 to address these? what did they do?
probably not much, being as bliar and brown were big business tories

My town once flourished due to the shipyards and the factories, now it's nothing and that is all because of the Tories. We are still paying the price now, but it is getting slightly better.

I'm sad for my country. Yesterday was a sad day for Scotland and I fear for this country. I fear for my future under a Tory government.

And before any of you start on me, this is how I feel.
fair enough, but you concerns arent exactly based on a rational analysis, but some form of ancient tribal loathing motivated by the past.
different 'post ideology' world now
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »