Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2022, 07:38 AM

Wonky Wednesday 30th November 2022

Morning all. Yep I bet if people start putting up their trees there will be a wonky one or two. I love books Kazz. Just finished The Beautiful Spy, yep about a lady spy and one called The Little Shop of Happy Ever After. All about a book shop in a van in Scotland. Lovely book. Have a very good day folks. Now then a question: which weather forecast do you think is correct when looking for the weather? Everyone I look at say differentish. So, I think, back to the seaweed and the nose out the door. I don't have a fancy phone to tell me like a lot of you do. That's it I succumbed. Trees up. Why are there always more branches than I have hangy things for?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2022, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
That's it I succumbed. Trees up. Why are there always more branches than I have hangy things lol:
Because as per the old saying slightly adjusted you have to be able to see the tree for the hangy things. LOL Merry Christmas Brenda
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2022, 11:03 AM
Good morning, Brenda and all to follow

Awaiting confirmation from H&B to confirm my order is ready to collect. Looking to plan my route as not often over that way however it's the only store with everything in stock barring the Birmingham city centre where I do not go. Going to get the leaves up today and book a skip run as well think get it gone. Bit of looking at my cash book and sorting bits out and then who knows.

Brenda I use the look out of the window for weather and I listen to the radio forecast while driving. Hope you have a nice day. Did you tweak Tesco?

Chris Such a shame for your daughter what a change in circumstances, shows you never know. Has the alarm saga been solved yet? I see your point about birthday being observed. So, your tree is up this weekend then?

Lynn Free today if I am keeping up on the schedule how is your brother doing? and how is your brother-in-law doing? How are all of you doing?

Moyra Hope you are progressing towards Christmas nicely are you still looking to move?

Sue How busy are you this week? I suspect your son's mother-in-law is finding it a fair bit chillier here than home Are you staying home for Christmas or going to your grandchildren and son's?

Griff Hope all is well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2022, 11:10 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all who follow.
Started off damp here but the sun is now shining so hopefully washing will be able to go out.
Gorden has started the flooring on the small part of the living room the bit that is not much use for anything.
He has a cold but feels well enough to do the flooring.
Kazz he is loving retirement but says with the two days a week looking after Freya it seems we are busier than when he worked.
We are of course trying to do things here too on the days off.
Freya starts nursery one day a week on the 4th of January so we will only be doing one day a week plus the odd Sunday if needed here and there. Mark remarked we won't know what to do with ourselves we laughed and said we have plenty to do, plus we will not miss the early starts and late finishes twice weekly, which for the next week here and there till after Christmas will be 3 days a week again.
It is lovely though saying that to be part of her growing up and learning process.

My tree will probably be wonky brenda and it is most frustrating. I tend not to take much notice of any weather forecast just see what the day brings, I find they are rarely right.
Kazz have a lovely day.
Chris it is so sad to read that your daughter is suffering so much with pain. I hope it improves as time goes on.
Sue how are things still busy ? Keep meaning to ask is the windscreen sorted ?
griff hope everything is well with you and mum and dad and of course the dogs.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2022, 11:16 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kazz

I will not succumb too uttingup the trees until at least 2 weeks before Christmas as then down as soon as my sister goes home after New Year

Don't work too hard Kazz. Hope you get the skip booked.

Lovely morning so have taken the opportunity to clean my car. The smears on the windscreen are a lot better so a couple more goings over with neat rubbing alcohol and steam washing off with de-ironised water and we might be there. Just one more to do then.

As far as I know Kazz Christmas is here as usual just got to work out how to seat everyone - there will be eight for dinner. The morning will be Christmas and the afternoon will be Sarah's birthday - she will be seven. Not the best day to have your birthday but at least no-one forgets

Hope all are well. Take care
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2022, 11:41 AM
Feel a little light headed today, managed to get a hair cut at last after that cold I had
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2022, 10:17 PM
Evening all

Not quite as cold as yesterday, but blooming miserable weather all the same. It's like permanent night.

Nah, the alarm saga continues Kazz. Lots of scratching of heads and going away to think about it, but it's no further forward