Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2022, 07:42 AM

Friday 25th November 2022

Morning all. Hope you all had a good evening and night. I am yet again waiting for BT to get back to me. Oh well I expect it will get sorted sometime. Have good day everyone. I wonder how Moyra is?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2022, 09:23 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Fingers crossed BT ring today brenda.

Sunny here and a nice blowy day so washing is going out with towels today.
Yesterday everything dried and in the airing cupboard.
griff Gorden put all my photos on a usb stick when photo bucket decided to charge or close the account.
I have lots of photos of Ollie on there.
Kazz it is easy to upload pictures onto dogsey it was that for some reason my photos weren't posting.
So last night I thought I would have another go and hey presto, might have been a fluke when I try next time it might not work again.
Sue hoping you have a restful day.
Chris hope all is quieter for you.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2022, 10:28 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope BT get it sorted today for you Brenda

I too no longer use photo bucket, not paying! Only had a few photos on there and all backed up on my computer so no loss to me.

Pleased you got what you needed yesterday. My eldest son has been dealing with carpet right. As his was an insurance claim had to get the same flooring again so no choice. Anyway after spending about six hours over two day talking to the idiot who was the only person in store finally got an order sorted both for kitchen floor and lounge carpet. The fitters came yesterday to do the kitchen and had been given the wrong order number so wrong flooring. They are fed up as so far this week they have lost about £2,000 pounds in fitting charges because of this idiot, just hope the carpet order is correct next week.

School run this morning and again this afternoon. The news on the non arrivals is that it is now all being sorted so await a new arrival date.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2022, 11:12 AM
Morning Sue. Oh no that's dreadful.
Shame it is so far away the place where we got our last carpet remnant and the vinyl yesterday which we are after Christmas getting another piece for the kitchen are brilliant and have great reviews for fitting in Upwell and surrounding areas where we lived before here.
Not sure how far out of Norfolk, Cambridge and surrounding towns and villages they cover but if you did want to check they are called the Downham carpet warehouse and are 2 Grassgate Lane, Wisbech.
I really hope your son gets it sorted soon and the new arrival date.

I have conducted an oven experiment regarding the cost of running this morning and was pleasantly surprised.
I haven't used it for around 3 months using the slow cooker, air fryer and microwave but will need to use it over Christmas.

It's a Zanussi and around a year old so it's energy efficient. Fan oven at 180 degrees cost 92 p an hour for around 10 minutes getting up to temp then went down to 6 p an hour.
The conventional oven started off at 81 p an hour then quickly dropped to 78 p an hour and after 10 mins 7 p an hour around 15 mins in total to warm up to get to that price. Again at 180 degrees.
The large ring on the hob 75 p an hour at the highest temp number 6 then 26 p an hour in 5 mins, it hovered up and down then dropped to 3 p an hour. on number 3.
Small hob again number 6 51 p an hour then 18 p within a few minutes and hovered for a short while then dropped to 6 p an hour at number 3.
The grill started off at £1.02 an hour while warming up, then dropped 3 p an hour after 8-10 mins.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2022, 12:25 PM
Morning all late to parade this morning it seems.

I am with everyone regarding photo bucket not paying, I too have downloaded to a USB I wonder how Moyra is as well. Not seen her online for a while either.
Popped over to my nephews supported living yesterday with my sister really nice he is happy there. He was not there we were having a quick check round for anything needing replacing changing altering etc. I did a bit of weeding as well and rinsed his patio down with couple of buckets of water. There is a gardener, but he is an old chap, who doubles as handyman, and we like to keep J's clean and tidy

I am off to look for a carpet as well today I think (joining the group) have no carpet upstairs or down bar stairs and landing due mostly to having elderly dogs and slight accidents easier to clean but fancy carpet in bedrooms and will uniform all the same 3 bedrooms and down the stairs.

I am staying here for a while and going to let the market settle, I do not think it is the time to be approaching the market to sell.

Well, that is my plan so off I go to have a glance around. The stair/landing carpet has been down about 5 years so time for a change, especially as I am now dogless but fancy a change - to my taste. Whatever my taste is I am finding out.

Brenda Fingers crossed BT ring today the way you are going they are going to be on your frequent callers list, and you may decide to send them a Christmas Card..... joke. LOL

Lynn Thats a good comparison log with convention it is the cost to get to the temp your home sounds like it is really lovely. How is Lauren getting on looking for another job? Also how is Joel going with his new job?

Sue Will the late arrivals get here before or after Christmas? Maybe your daughter-in-law and youngest will come as well. Being split up cannot be fun.

Chris Hope all is good with you and yours.

Not got much planned today, going out for lunch with friends on Sunday again (different group) I am better in short spells LOL May go to a Christmas fayre tomorrow not sure yet.
My niece and her partner have brought their own flooring for the new house and laying it themselves their bedroom looks fantastic they are using same for their lounge and running it into the hall as well, that will be last of all, before then they are having their sofa delivered and then getting hall/landing 2nd bedroom painted and then carpet fitted
they will do the hall last when all done in the house.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2022, 12:42 PM
Enjoy your time Kazz and good luck with the carpet hunting.
I agree maybe let the market settle who knows whats going to happen in the New Year ?
Your nephews place sounds lovely.

Lauren is still looking I think. Joel spoke to Mark recently and is ok no idea if we will see him at Christmas.
Lauren says he will probably be back this way if Donna decides she doesn't want him there for Christmas. Nothing would surprise us.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2022, 02:02 PM
Wel fingers crossed they have sorted it. The only thing that is now a worry is the mention of discs? No idea what or why they are mentioning them as don't need them. So, I wait and see if they turn up. Hope you all get your flooring sorted and other bits and bobs. Have a good afternoon. Suns out and have been for my belated walk.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2022, 02:03 PM
Glad BT is sorted. No idea what the discs could be unless its something to do with downloading stuff.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2022, 06:43 PM
Good evening all

All fairly quiet on the eastern front. Gary still has a list of jobs (it's never ending), but we get to them over time

We had a run down to the village tonight for the carol service and light switch on. However, it wasn't in any way shape or form disabled friendly and it was impossible to see from the road as they had, in their wisdom, put gazebos all up the side of the village green so we turned round and came home. Rosie loved her night time ride though so all was not lost
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2022, 06:46 PM
What a shame Chris.
Glad Rosie had a good time.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >