Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2022, 07:56 AM

Tesco Tuesday 22nd November 2022

Morning all. Sun is up and I suspect some of you are to. Tesco coming today and I see on the news that they are not allowing people to have too many eggs. Huh when I looked last evening I didn't buy any because the prices were up more than there usual price. Just because there is a shortage they shouldn't put the price up just make aure that people don't buy to many at a time. So, that's off my chest and now for a walk in the sun. Have a good day all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2022, 11:46 AM
Good Mid-morning early afternoon to you Brenda and all to follow.

Not much planned just giving the bedrooms and once over - looking with an eagle eye as still in the back of my head moving. Think this is gaining legs. A big move, see what the market offers.

Catch you all later.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2022, 12:13 PM
Good afternoon Brenda and Kazz

Lovely day here sunny but cold. Yesterday I had the flu jab as well and boy did my arm hurt last night. Also I was shivering in bed and took ages to feel warm and get to sleep but fine this morning when I got up. I wasn't on duty this morning but am this afternoon and evening. Have also been to the library so well stocked with books

Hope all are ell. Take care
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2022, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good afternoon Brenda and Kazz

Lovely day here sunny but cold. Yesterday I had the flu jab as well and boy did my arm hurt last night. Also, I was shivering in bed and took ages to feel warm and get to sleep but fine this morning when I got up. I wasn't on duty this morning but am this afternoon and evening. Have also been to the library so well stocked with books

Hope all are ell. Take care
That sounds like me Sue flu really achy and tired cold but covid booster nowt. Hope you feel better I could not lie on that arm my error. Hope all is going well with you
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2022, 05:33 PM
Evening all
Been for a blood test today, will try and grab my results tomorrow, have an appointment with the physio based at the Dr surgery so I am sure one of the nice ladies on reception will sort them out for me
Sue, I was so Ill after having the flu and COVID jab at the same time....I will never do it again.
Went to Primark and they have the led strip lights in £1.50 and battery operated so perfect for under our kitchen units , will get round to that at some point lol
My dad's new console arrived yesterday, told him Steve and I had got it to help with his memory and it was the next one down from the latest console, explained I had put him a pass on so he had games instantly and ordered him a disc of classic games which came today, I have offered to show him how to use it......... nothing! Just took himself upstairs and downstairs he only thing he said was "you shouldn't have spent that much on me". Steve is gobsmacked, he has been so good helping me out with telling me what to get etc
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2022, 06:05 PM
Good evening all

Give your dad a bit of time, Kelly. He might surprise you when he thinks no one is looking

Funnily enough, my arm didn't ache after either the flu or covid jab as much as I normally get.

Any idea where you are thinking of moving to Kazz?

I can understand the egg shortage Brenda. Bird flu is running rife at the moment.

Sue, do you ever get a day to yourself? You always seem to be so busy
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2022, 06:48 PM
I am sure he will come round Kelly. Just leave it in full view and he will look I am sure. He doesn't like to be reminded why it was bought for him probably. Kazz I to am looking still. Came across the lovely cottage that I saw when I first started looking but couldn't move quick enough. It is now available again, so not sure what to do? Oh well Emmerdale on soon thank goodness. So much football and other rubbish, at least it is to me. No doubt others like it. Have a good evening folks.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2022, 07:14 PM
Lol....he wouldn't even know how to turn it on! And he can't use it without being given the pin for my account.
Will either keep myself, give to my uncle or gift it to a charity, Steve said sell it and get some of the money back
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2022, 07:16 PM
I can't watch the football, as much as I would love to but.....it shouldn't be in quatar and quite frankly, I don't think any fans should have gone. Their human rights and abuse of people are disgusting!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2022, 07:17 PM
Good evening everyone.
Another wet and cold day here again today.
Popped out to a garden centre and had a wander and a cuppa out.
Gorden got his call yesterday from the Prudential to advise he had spoken to pension wise and he wanted to take the money in a lump sum.
Well that all went wrong. Pension wise's advice turned out to be useless.
Turns out it is an annuity not a pension so we cannot take it all at once as it is under £30,000.
Now that was the first bit of advice from pension wise who knew what the bond was and its value so wrong advice.
2nd bit of wrong advice which we were not considering was to sell it to another pension company which you couldn't have done because it's not a pension.
Also we now have to wait for an email or letter with reference numbers to ring Legal and General who now have the annuity as Prudential sold them onto them.
Yesterday after saying we want the money which we now have to have monthly (not the end of the world) they told us about L&G. Why oh why could we not have been told this from the beginning it might have all been done and dusted by now.
We are not impressed with Prudential or Pension wise.

Oooh exciting times for you Kazz and brenda looking for somewhere new to live (maybe).
Glad you are feeling better Sue.
griff hoping your dad sees the positive side to the console after having a think about it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >