Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2022, 07:32 AM

Thursday 17th November 2022

Morning alll. Well if it was a Wednesday I would have been here at this flat two years but as it isn't and tomorrow is the 18th that is the date I moved in by. Takes some working out that I have been here two years. Have a good day all. Welcome back Lynn. Off for a walk as it isn't raining.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Wow!!! That's gone quickly! Can't believe that Brenda
Wet here, seeing Steve in a bit who sounds thoroughly miserable....oh joy!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2022, 10:47 AM
Good morning Brenda. Happy moving in anniversary for tomorrow

Hope you find a valeting service Kelly. and that it works. That is now my next port of call. Failing that might ring the garage and ask them what they clean their windscreens with.

Hope you have/had a safe journey home Lynn

Lovely this morning and dry. Teazle was happy on her walk as didn't get wet and no coat. School run done for this morning just this afternoon and evening to do. Have cleared two large bags of leaves from in front of the house and back door so am now able to get out The garden is full once again but too wet for Barry to blow up. He has cleaned the gutters as the one at the back was overflowing.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2022, 12:04 PM
I shall say afternoon brenda, griff, Sue and all who follow as I have two minutes till 12 pm.
It will be that by the time I have finished typing.

Thank you as guessed we arrived home safely although it was later than it was supposed to be.
The plane was late taking off even though we were all seated. Not as bad as the Ryannair flight Gorden read about today going to Heathrow or Gatwick which was 3 hours late as the curtain between first class and economy couldn't be pulled across.
Honestly does it matter that much ?

Not done much so far we slept till nearly 8 am, and have just been relaxing and Gorden has spoken to the pension wise people regarding the Prudential pension. Some good advice and seems he will be taking the amount in full, it isn't a big lump sum but you pay tax either way and it will allow us to take a monthly amount if we want and top up the savings.
He takes his state pension in 8 months so we may as well have it rather than Prudential.

Hope everyone is well. Weather is dreadful here no washing will be going out and it is very cold back here in the UK.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2022, 02:42 PM
Why do companies think if they chuck money at you it helps a problem? It doesn't it just makes it more frustrating. I would prefer the problem to be sorted properly. Hey ho maybe tomorrow. Anyway please keep your fingers crossed for me, I have just sent a painting off to my daughter in America. It was painted for me of Arkle the racehorse when she was born. Now I have sent it to her 50 years on. I really hope it gets there safely. I have tracked it and insured it. Can't do much else than that. Have a good afternoon folks. Sun is shining but a bit breezy out there.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2022, 10:58 PM
Evening all.

It's chucked it down all day here so a wet outing this morning after a visit to the doctors for an annual COPD review.

I don't know why they have them to be honest because I told her of two related things that are going downhill and all she could advise was to make an appointment with the GP

Was amazed to see the tripple lock is being kept. The budget seemed to be more give aways than tax hikes which was surprising to say the least