Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2022, 07:55 AM

Thrilling Thursday 10th November 2022

Morning all. Hope you get your cash sorted out today Lynn. I have a thrilling event today. Yep the EPC man is coming.
Hope everyone else has a good day. Sun is trying to come out.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2022, 09:58 AM
Good morning Brenda hope all goes well with the EPC man

Hope your money is in the bank Lynn

Sunny here at the moment and hope it continues for a few days so that it will be dry enough to cut the lawns on Saturday.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2022, 10:02 AM
Morning brenda. Thank you feeling a little more confident it will be there later when we take a wander down to pick it up.

Boiler service underway one lot of washing on the line and some to go on when the service is finished.
Generally getting sorted beofre we head off for the train to Stanstead airport at 7.30 tomorrow.
Michael is meeting us at the airport as he will have finished work by the time we land at 3 pm.
We have the weekend but he has to work Monday and Tuesday so we will if he trusts us to take Charlie out and about with us.

Paperwork for Prudential arrived yesterday but Gorden is taking advice so set up a telephone appointment with pension wise when we get back from Madrid to decide what's the best way to do things. So no nearer really after that is done another call to Prudential to request the right paperwork for him to return to them so the pension is dealt and paid out with how he wishes.
Guessing sometime in 2023 the rate this is moving.

brenda very exciting. Hows the back ? Hope it's feeling better.
Sue hoping you are feeling better today and still able to rest.
Kazz hope you have a good day.
You too griff.
Chris I hope everything is more settled for you and health wise things are improving.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2022, 10:23 AM
good morn all

Just a quick word about the DVLA and driving licence. Having to renew every three years being over 70 I applied for the new licence several weeks ago. Filled out the forms sent by the DVLA as I could not do it on line as the photo was out of date. So sent it back with a new photo. Got another letter back and yet another medical form to fill out.
I also have glaucoma and that is the holdup. As usually I have to go to Specsavers for the DVLA eye test as Specsavers are the only ones approved by the DVLA. My current driving licence end on the19th of this month so should have had a letter with a number code for the approved eye test. Still waiting for that letter so rang the DVLA medical dept who deal with this type of application and they can't give a day or date. they did say they have the application but no eye test slots available at present.

I don't understand why they only use one company when there are places like Vision Express. I did say the hospital said I was ok to drive as well as the optician I go to but according to the DVLA who have not checked up, having been granted access to medical rcords. Surely the hospital opticians if they checked should be good enough

So my licence runs out in 9 days time but the strange thing is I can still drive without a licence, According to section 88 of the road traffic act of 1988 if you have applied for a licence renewal and the application is lodged with the DVLA one is still allowed to drive
This makes a mockey of driving tests-DVLA and road traffic acts, The holdup excuse by the DVLA is covid which is rubbish they should have contingency plans in place by now to cope with any backlog.
just one more thing my local branch of Specsavers no longer do the DVLA eye test
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2022, 11:06 AM
Morning all

Update to everyone who is dealing with British Gas say the word complaint you get someone I had to ring back this morning as the £20 credit they offered as compensation has been taken "WAIT FOR IT" from my own account so I have compensated myself for their error. LOL they are going to ring me back.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2022, 11:12 AM
An upshot has anyone seen the M&S Christmas Ad ....Awwwwww
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2022, 12:26 PM
Seems its incompetency everywhere and with everything Barry

Honestly Kazz you could write a book about it. Maybe we should for future generations.
Yes I have I like it I have read though not a lot of people like it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2022, 01:42 PM
Afternoon all
Good luck with the EPC Brenda
Barry.... Steve was without a licence for 3 months due to expiry and because he drives a bus he refused point blank to do it with out a licence in his hand
Lynn, safe trip, hope the money is ready
Sue, hope you have dry weather for the rest of the week
Kazz, wow... just wow!
Been and seen my consultant, he is retiring so I have to start all over again with someone new and then I was told that I am suffering from toxicity caused by my treatment so my bone marrow is suppressed ( it explains a lot) if it continues I have to stop treatment and they have to reassess my treatment plan and see if there's anything else suitable for me but apparently when I stop this treatment I will suffer a massive flare up....most likely as bad if not worse than when I first got Ill.....not good news but I will wait and see what happens, then to top it off....I got home to find the dog has hurt her eye so now have to take her to the vets tomorrow. God knows who I p*ssed off in a previous life but I just can't catch a break
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2022, 03:19 PM
Afternoon griff oh no griff as Chris said the other day it never rains but pours.
I hope the new treatment works for you and good luck with the dogs eye.

Thank you and yayyy the money was at the bank, we really didn't want to be trawling Stanstead airport picking money up.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2022, 03:39 PM
Well the EPC man came and was in my flat for about 5 minutes, half of that was spent with him watching the squirrels out of the window. Then all he did was put his hand by a window to see if there was a draft. Nope no draft. Then out onto the landing and up into the loft to check the cladding. He then went. Hope you don't get a flare up Kelly. And hope the poor dog will be ok. Yep have seen the advert of poor duckie and stuffing coming out. Sad poor duck. Lynn pleased to hear you got your money sorted. Enjoy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >