Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2022, 07:59 AM

Blue sky Wednesday 9th November 2022

Yep I have a blue sky and sun. Morning all. Back again a bit better. But I am still taking the pills. I am gradually reducing them though so hopefully will be able to stop them very soon as hate taking pills. I was always surprised that I didn't get more preggers because I always forgot to take it. There you go a little bit of history. Have a good day all. Sun is shining now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2022, 10:18 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Glad the back is easing brenda. Lol it is a wonder you haven't got a tribe of children.

Well it starts again today. We ordered our euros from our bank. If you order by 1 pm you can collect, turns out after 4 pm. Our local branch closes at 3 pm.
We catch the train at 7.30 Friday so now in a session of trying to get it changed to delivery which you can't do.
Gorden is having a big issue it seems from what I can hear.

Hope everyone is doing ok today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2022, 10:22 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lyn

Pleased back is easing Brenda

Oh dear Lynn it never rains but it pours. Why can't things go right for a change. Good luck with getting it sorted

Lovely and sunny here. Day off today so taking it easy and trying to get rid of this nasty cough and cold I have had since Friday. Ben said last night that he didn't want me picking Maria up so he went instead and said to take it easy today. So I am doing as I am told - well sort off

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2022, 10:39 AM
Morning Sue, yes do as your told, I never need telling twice these days.
Enjoy your rest.

Eventually Gorden got through to someone who knew what he was talking about. It seems the pop up about 4 pm is for internal use between the bank and the euro suppliers.
He said he would expect the money to be in our branch by 1 pm, so Gorden asked what would you do would you trust it would be ? He replied yes because I know how the system works.
He also said there is no point in the couriers turning up at 4 pm as most branches would be closed or closing.
If Gorden rang our branch he could ask them to phone us when it's arrived, getting through to them is a nightmare, he agreed and said they have the same trouble this is the central office.

So we go tomorrow to pick them up if they haven't arrived then we arrange for the bank to have them sent to the Bereau de change at Stanstead for Friday morning.
Seems like they will be at the bank though (fingers crossed). The branch is meant to be calling him later so if they do he will arrange for a call when the euros arrive.

All this by 9 am an overtired Freya and us not near our branch to pop in for a chat.
I'm shattered already and it's only 10.30.