Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2022, 09:35 AM

Miserable Wet Monday 7th November 2022

Morning all. I have never known it to be so wet. Hope all is ok with you all. Back a little better today so another day of sitting and hoping it will be better by tomorrow. Or even later today.
Have managed to do some cleaning so that is good. Have a good day all and stay dry if you can.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2022, 02:05 PM
Afternoon Brenda and all to follow, yes totally agree about the wet weather its rain here again too.

Back from work and on hold for British Gas (wish me luck) the first message came up estimated time for a call handler is between 4 hours 7 minutes to 4 hours 4 minutes WOW by the time I had picked myself up off the floor not really you understand but actually put my coffee cup down.

The time had changed to 1 hour 2 minutes and 53 minutes have been on the phone for about 20 minutes now as its the shortest wait time I have had. So, I wait.

Apparently, their website and BOT say I can request a refund online. BUT then when I did not receive it I spoke to them online a proper HUMAN chat who informed me the figures I was querying were correct then asked if I wanted da refund then came back and said, the only way to get a refund I am in credit gas account is in credit of £314.34 and electricity account of £378.56 credit. So, I would like my money back £692.90 is not to be sneezed at however regardless of three different methods to tell me this is right I still doubt them. However, I am however willing to be pleasantly surprised when I speak to a person, and they confirm this. Quite scary actually if they are wrong and you were desperate for the money etc and use their figures. I will let you know if I am right, or they are the saga continues. 23minutes.54 seconds and counting down
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2022, 02:11 PM
Good afternoon all

Damp, drizzly and miserable here too

Kazz, is the credit based on actual meter readings? If so, you can claim it back but with the cost of gas and electricity and winter coming soon, we've left the credit we have built up to pay for the winter bills - well, towards them anyway

Glad the back is starting to ease a little Brenda

Got my new Kindle and it really was easy to set up and even has all the books I had waiting to be read on there. Technology can work sometimes
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2022, 02:53 PM
Apparently having spoken to a lovely lady at BG who agrees with my figures not the online persons figure she has read the transcript and we both agree neither of us understand have no idea where those amounts came from, she has raised it as a complaint her enc. I am refunded to my bank account the outstanding balance I knew I was owed.

Chris who knows where the figures came from but def not my credit.

I am taking any outstanding balances on ANYTHING as a credit back to myself since the debacle with companies closing etc my money is mine not theirs I can then use it to offset if needed.

Will monitor monthly so no big shocks forthcoming.

The lady also credited me with £20 as a good will gesture for the error from online chat (I think because I did not rant and rave) also I made her laugh. Not a job I would want resolution/customer service team.

So using the £20 to buy gloves and hats for the homeless charity.

Pleased you got your kindle today and it's so easy to sort put my mind at rest.

Brenda Glad you back has eased as well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2022, 03:22 PM
I came away from BG and EDF when I moved here. Went onto Octopus and they are amazing. Yep back feeling better. It is lower back and hoping by tomorrow will be much much better. Also not walking for two days I think has helped. Watching a daft film. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-11-2022, 03:57 PM
Afternoon everyone wet here too again today.

Freya is sleeping on the sofa we are back at ours and she will be staying the night tonight. Mummy will pick her up around lunchtime tomorrow.

Gorden has been on the phone for over an hour now to Prudential to try to find out when the paperwork that should have arrived 2 weeks ago will arrive so he can start drawing the pension he is owed.

Honestly it's a total nightmare everywhere.

Glad you got through Kazz and got things sorted.
brenda glad the back is easing.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2022, 04:12 PM
We were with Bulb and have just been switched to Octopus Energy now they've bought Bulb out.

Credit balance has transfered from Bulb so all is good
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2022, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I came away from BG and EDF when I moved here. Went onto Octopus and they are amazing. Yep back feeling better. It is lower back and hoping by tomorrow will be much much better. Also not walking for two days I think has helped. Watching a daft film. Have a good afternoon everyone.

I was with Bristol energy fantastic online and service portal never a problem then they went BUMP - with no warning even Martin Lewis (he of money saving programme) said the week before Bristol energy fantastic company and recommended them to people on his show then BUMP I was transferred with no "say" to British Gas" not really had a problem just niggles think it is purely the amount of people phoning. You can't change at the moment for anything worthwhile.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2022, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
We were with Bulb and have just been switched to Octopus Energy now they've bought Bulb out.

Credit balance has transfered from Bulb so all is good

1/2 from Bristol went either Octopus or British Gas I got British Gas,
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2022, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon everyone wet here too again today.

Freya is sleeping on the sofa we are back at ours and she will be staying the night tonight. Mummy will pick her up around lunchtime tomorrow.

Gorden has been on the phone for over an hour now to Prudential to try to find out when the paperwork that should have arrived 2 weeks ago will arrive so he can start drawing the pension he is owed.

Honestly it's a total nightmare everywhere.

Glad you got through Kazz and got things sorted.
brenda glad the back is easing.

Give Gorden my best in trying to sort it out at least Freya is sleeping when he's finished Gorden will be too. You don't think it's simply got delayed with the postal strike, do you? I had a load of letter all at once
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >