Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2022, 07:39 AM

Thor's Thursday 3rd November 2022

Morning all. Apparently it is Thors Thursday. Named in honour of Thor the god of thunder. Raining here. So another day of reading and watching silly stuff on tele. Chris hope you get things sorted. Kelly hope the gas reading is sorted now. Lynn I miss my boy everyday. I miss all my dogs but Tyto was really special and read my every mood and thought. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2022, 07:50 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Rained here most of the night and still going. Good job I did the washing yesterday.
Off for a much needed hair cut today then we are off out for some shopping and Christmas present shopping for Madrid, taking the presents with us this year as delivery cost is ridiculous and them getting there in time is a lottery.

brenda it's so hard losing them.
Chris it is silly the way things are run now. It certainly isn't progress not for the patient or customer now.
I hope you can get through and get the eye situation sorted.
griff hope the meter reading is helpful for the future.
Sue hope you have not got an overly busy day today.
Kazz hope you are keeping well.

Off out into the rain I go to feed the fish and the birds.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Have a good day Brenda

Enjoy shopping for Christmas presents Lynn

Up early again for the school run and also to pick Ben up from the garage as he has taken his car in for a major service, brakes and to see if the bushes need changing. He will now use my car until his is ready to pick up.Very windy and draining hard on the journey over but wind dead dropped coming back but not the rain. Most of the roads round here, and they are the main ones are flooded and great hold ups everywhere. Just hope Ben gets home ok from me and is not too late into work

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2022, 11:16 AM
The roads are dreadful Sue so much rain and heavy in one go the drains cannot cope, might be something to do with them not getting cleaned regularly.

Really pleased with my hair will be booking for another 7 weeks cut in the next day or so.
£10 cheaper at least than the last place who couldn't fit me in when I applied to their appointment page for a cancellation. They never answer their phone or reply to a message you leave on the answerphone, or their messages then get back and offer you another appointment that doesn't fit.
Plus you have to give a £20 deposit which can only be used for a cut etc., or a product. So I lost the £20 but that was the 2nd time they have done this to me you don't get away with it for a 3rd time.
This is a much smaller establishment and no deposit required. Not so snobby either.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2022, 11:51 AM
Good afternoon all

Raining here too. Only drizzly stuff this morning, but it was really coming down hard in the night.

I got a shock last week when Gary got a letter saying he was in £1200 debt with his rent. Phoned them up and told them no way Jose. It turns out they had been collecting the rent but never altered it from his previous flat despite my nightmare journey to get Gary's housing benefits and council tax switched over (numerous phone calls and losing the will to live waiting the 40 minutes plus each time to get through on the phone). You would not believe the problems moving one floor down has caused

As it's such a miserable day. me thinks reading is on the cards
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2022, 04:56 PM
Lynn round here the drains get full because of the grass cuttings. Have a good evening everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2022, 05:35 PM
We have made good progress on the Madrid Christmas shopping and we are not needed now to sit Freya tomorrow, so out for round 2.

Gosh Chris it never rains but it pours. Why does it seem all organisations seem to gravitate to us retired folk ?
brenda just general rubbish and mud I think down our drains.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2022, 07:20 PM
I used to report them when the road flooded at the other house and the council would come out and sort them.