Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Seacrow View Post
I'm still working on retrieving a tennis ball! That's something I didn't expect, she's just not fussed about fetching things, and she's beginning to get Soso's attitude of 'you threw it, you can go get it' I did think that gundogs would have an inbuilt fetch instinct, but everydog's an individual I suppose.

Its the WSSCSW 25th Sept show. Only Welsh springers, which is why I know some bouncing will be accepted/expected . I'd really be satisfied if Willow manages to walk half a circuit decently, and doesn't leave muddy pawprints on the judge.

The schedule starts with minor puppy dog, and goes through basically by age (with special + working tagged on at the end), then starts with minor puppy bitch. Judging starts at 10:30am, so I'm hoping a break for lunch would let Willow sniff around and get bored of the ring and spectators.
Ah its a bit too far down for us is it a champ show?? thought that was october.
To be honest most of the show dogs are really well behaved in the ring but you do normally make allowances for puppies.
Have you been to ring craft to give you some idea if what's expected as strictly speaking toys are frowned.
Do watch the other judging as well if yuo get chance to see what the judge expects as some of them ask you to do a triangle.
Good luck hun if you need any more help or advise re trimming etc please feel free to pm me and ill do all I can
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 09:46 PM
oh by the way I think it miht be inside it usually is
Seacrow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2011, 09:56 PM
We're down there on holiday at the time, so we leapt at the chance. Its not just the show we're going for, we'll be seeing more welshies than we've ever seen before, and hopefully get a little more knowledge of random welshie stuff.

For example, should Willow's ears really smell like that, and have dark brown ear wax. I'm thinking not, so we have a 10:20 appt at the vets, where he'll probably tell me I'm an over-paranoid dog-mom and she's fine. Better safe than sorry tho'

Two people do ringcraft around here that I can find, neither of which starts until early Oct. Oh well, at least if she hates it thats a class we won't need.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Seacrow View Post
We're down there on holiday at the time, so we leapt at the chance. Its not just the show we're going for, we'll be seeing more welshies than we've ever seen before, and hopefully get a little more knowledge of random welshie stuff.

For example, should Willow's ears really smell like that, and have dark brown ear wax. I'm thinking not, so we have a 10:20 appt at the vets, where he'll probably tell me I'm an over-paranoid dog-mom and she's fine. Better safe than sorry tho'

Two people do ringcraft around here that I can find, neither of which starts until early Oct. Oh well, at least if she hates it thats a class we won't need.
Just remember to both enjoy it , we've all started somewhere and no puppy can be as bad as my spencer was
With the ears Thornit powder from ebay works a treat for wax build up
Ive got a few schedules here for open shows which will be local for you ill have a look later and pm you the details if there's a puppy class.
Seacrow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
With the ears Thornit powder from ebay works a treat for wax build up
Ive got a few schedules here for open shows which will be local for you ill have a look later and pm you the details if there's a puppy class.
The Vet says its definately ear mites, here's the drops to kill them off, and if she keeps going into the rivers around here she's likely to get ear mites repeatedly.
Do rivers=ear mites?

I've ordered some Thornit (thanks for that), and hopefully that will keep the wax to reasonable levels, and the itchyness down.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Your welcome, not an expert on earmites but think Advocate as a flea treatment kills them but could be wrong.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Thornit is fantastic and will also kill ear mites.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2011, 11:42 PM
ivermectin is what we were given when my rabbit caught them at a rabbit show but dunno if its licenced for use on dogs, also had ear drops, all clear now
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2