Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Adam I note you have three videos..
..look at this one also Jack I think..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDl5e..._order&list=UL

look at the dogs body language, the set of the tail, the expression ,the body posture , it all spells fear and uncertainty to me . I have seen it before on dogs who have been subject to e collars they are wary all the time
When a normal happy dog is walking its whole body is 'animated'. I don't think you did this dog any favours rescuing it, what a miserable existence for a little terrier living in fear all the time . Presumably this poor little dog is the one you were eager to demonstrate your 'skills' on (see post 25)to anyone prepared to watch

ETA I'm off to walk my dog before I say something I shouldn't!
Could nto agree more Minni.

I am at a loss to see what the purpose of that exersice was all about...........CAN SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE"

You are walking JR up and down a field, zapping it (I take it) WHAT FOR!!!!!!!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
BorderDawn

I don't have vids of clients dogs (I'm no good at technology as evidenced by my lack of internet presence).
I do have a vid of my own dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj7JzhS02Rg

At the time I'd had him a few weeks after rescuing him from being pts for aggression!

Slb

A recent example.
3 yr old rescue dog, fear aggressive to other dogs (would bite to drive away). Owners thinking of sending it back ect.

Did some work on recall with an e collar then intro other dogs (mine) as long as the dog wasn't displaying aggression I had the owners praise and food reward their dog, if he was aggressive they called him, moved away and I enforced the call with the collar. This only had to be done two or three times!
After a few sessions he was off lead in a public park and actually wanted to make friends with other dogs!

Adam
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

What an absolute plonker you are....sorry folks, could not think of any other way to say it!

1) That poor dog he is terrified of you

2) You have absolutely no control over your dogs, the collie "completey ignored your recall command" you had to repeat, repeat , repeat yourself over and over again...and he still ignored you, the collie came back in his own time.

Now I understand why Adam uses the e.collar......... because its the only way he can get a dog to listen to him

Priceless...if it was not so sad (for the dogs) it would be funny!!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-11-2010, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=Jackbox;2086675]2) You have absolutely no control over your dogs, the collie "completey ignored your recall command" you had to repeat, repeat , repeat yourself over and over again...and he still ignored you, the collie came back in his own time.QUOTE]

Don't remember that, was probably just calling loads to fill time, its werid making videos, especially when nothings happening.

RE Body language (I was joking about the collie bit btw).
When given a release comamnd I will take the ball out, throw it for him and he will go nuts for it. Seeing as I he associates doing the commands with the ball reward he was anticapting getting the chase and thus stalking.

Adam
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
The JRT was worried all the time. He isn't sure of what is wanted---he was in a down and you released him and he had no idea what you meant, when he eventually broke he won't have linked it with the release command.

His recall is not a happy one, he isn't wagging just stressing.

You sound like Denis---strangely!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
They're all of Jacca (he's in the one about e collars too).

He is highly ball orientated and I use a squeaky ball as a reinforcer. When he thinks about the ball he goes into stalking behaviour (maybe he's got collie in him) which is why his body language is like that. He slinks around as soon as you show him a ball ect as he is in drive straight away (he rocks at aglity). Because I use the ball as the reinforcer for all the training when doing commands he tends to be very slinky as he anticaptes being in drive after the ball.

I agree it doesn't look as nice as tail wagging ect but he's in a far higher excited state than with food.

Btw the demo was justto meet up chat with the dogs ect. Mine don't wear e collars anymore (as evidenced by Harvey and jrt Finn in the vid).

Ayway will stop replyig now as I'm only interested in genuine interest.

Adam
Rubbish---he wasn't expecting a ball when you called him!

I think it might be a good idea if you tried watching the body language and not making silly excuses for it.

Poor little chap.

rune
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-11-2010, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=rune;2086721]You sound like Denis---strangely!/QUOTE]

Really?

Adam
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Adam , thank you for posting the videos, you have given us unquestionable proof, of the kind of trainer you are!!
Meg
Supervisor

08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
You sound like Denis---strangely!

rune
Rune do you know I thought exactly the same thing but the accent is different .
Having watched the video I would say very much the same 'persona' too...
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Because 'peeps' are engaging in discussion on a discussion forum??
I dont like AP's views either, but he has alwasy followed the rules and remained civil.
Which, i wonder, is what really riles people??

with the best respects, its no one's place to say SLB isnt allowed to open threads for discussions if they are within dogsey rules, regardless or not if they have been discussed times before.

in the vein, surely we should quit going on about Northern innuits, fireworks, idiots on walks, etc, etc??

Besides which, if posting on an ecollar thread means one is keeping the thread going and therefore 'feeding' Adam (my phrase), havent you done the same by posting then?
oh dear slight overreaction
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
oh dear slight overreaction
you may be right, i should have better things to do really.
i can honestly say i wrote in the spirit of calm objective analysis, which is often my style on here.
im sure it doesnt make me popular at times (although i get just as many rep points as critiques for my approach).

what i wrote and what i questioned is exactly what i meant and do still mean, and i did say with the best of respects, but apologies if it came over harsh.
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 98 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 57 > Last »