Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:08 PM

Royal Mail - Recorded Delivery

I'm not very happy.
I've had two recorded delivery items put through my post in the last week. Both times the door was not knocked and I didn't sign for anything.
Out of curiosity I used the tracking number on the Royal Mail website to find that the postman has signed for it in my name and forged my signature (not that it looks anything like it).
Now okay the items turned up safely but surely that's not the point. I looked on the website and the item can be signed for by anyone in the household, if no answer then the postman is supposed to leave a card.
Where do I stand on this. I'm furious. At the end of the day I paid for the service (ordered something) and someone else has signed (the postman) for it.
Before I call the post office and give them hell tomorrow, please confirm I am right. And surely it's against the law to forge someones signature even in this case.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:11 PM
yup!

my brother got a completely new set of le crueset pans as the postman forged his signature and left them in his compost bin...only after the second set arriced did he find them 4 WEEKS later!

tell them you want a formal apology or you consider legal action for forgery!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 11:26 PM

Thats bang out of order

I would be making a very big fuss about that, its not on!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 12:27 AM
I agree its against the law but I must amit we've had the same postman for years and if the dogs are barking he know to sign for them for me and if the dogs are in he drops them over the fence.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Thats keeps happening to me at work...if the postman gets there before I get there (about 8:45) he signs for them himself and puts them through the door!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Ooooh! I would be hitting the roof about this. Let me at 'em!

You go girl, shout long and loud and don't shut up until you get satisfaction.....

x0x

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:39 AM
It isn't right that they are signing for them on your behalf.

Some people would see this as a favour (e.g. our old postie who we knew would look up at our bedroom window - if he thought we might be both still be asleep, he would sign for us).

However, where the postman doesn't know you, he shouldn't just be doing it. If you're not happy about it, I would complain, but perhaps not nastily, afterall, although he's in the wrong, it may be through the best of intentions.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:48 AM
If you have an arrangement then that's different but what if he signs then keeps a parcel for himself? I would definately have words with the local sorting office for starters.
Becky
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
If you have an arrangement then that's different but what if he signs then keeps a parcel for himself? I would definately have words with the local sorting office for starters.
Becky
exactly!!

We had this problem over xmas a few parcels didnt arrive but we were told we HAD signed for them. They asked us for a copy of our signature but we said no we want to see the signature on the slip first so they couldnt copy it!

it was NOTHING like our signatures!!!
so we got replacecments...the sorting office said they do it so they can get on with their rounds!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 09:53 AM
I have an agreement with all the delivery carriers that call on me(with the drivers I must add)

I leave the front porch door open if I go out(they know because my car won't be in the driveway) & they can leave parcels out of view as the porch has a 18 inch brick base.

I'm often not in when the post or carriers arrive & I've never lost anything. My neighbours also have an agreement that if the parcel cannot fit through their letter box when they are out they can either delivery it to me or leave it in the porch if I am out.

If I am expecting anything valuable then I stay in & do the same for my neighbours. Living in the country it saves time & money & our postmen are on a rota. Due to changes brought in by the sorting offices, the post can arrive at just about anytime
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >