View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Well done Lynn, always useaful to have a second car.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 05:10 PM
Lol.... congratulations on the car Lynn
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2021, 05:57 PM
Thanks Harvey and griff.

We sold Gordens Peugeot convertible not long after moving here and bought the Toyota camper. Then decided last year to sell my Peugeot and the Toyota as two cars were not needed. They weren't then as Gorden was away most of the week so the car was on the drive.
Then covid struck and Dillon's emergency and we realised if I when lock down is lifted a bit and I can visit my friends in Essex there's no car to get Dillon to the vet in an emergency, if Gorden ends up as he thinks he might doing school visits in May I am left with no car and I really stress after last September.
We didn't want a pricey car just a run around I will feel more relaxed now in all scenarios if one car is off the drive for any reason.

Will have to tell Mark to check the local market place online as he needs to replace his Lexus. There seem to be some very good bargains.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
If people are worried about walking their dogs carry a rape alarm or loud whistle. The sort used by schools usually called a pea whistle. This was advice given to me when I was dog training by the police.
Already have the alarm which I also use to attach my bag to me so if anyone takes it bumph...noise
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 06:37 PM
Lynn I was just going to say you had one of those before did you not...then turned the next page. Hope we get the weather like last year to enjoy it,
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2021, 07:10 PM
This will be our 3rd Kazz. Our first one was silver and not sure if you remember Gorden left it on the road one Sunday and the driver of a big 4x4 became unwell and drove into our car and it got wedged between him and Paul and Beth's VW transporter. It was of course a write off.
Gorden then bought a blue one.

This one bought today was registered 2003 last mot 2006, then sat in a garage till 2018. A Doctor owned it and became unwell and wasn't allowed to drive anymore, reluctantly in the end sold it on after mot'ing it which it failed of course on minor things. All those put right and sold on hence the 33,000 miles on a 2003 car. Passed its mot no problems for the last 3 years.
Think we may of got ourselves a bargain even though it has a ding or two here and there and some scuffs.

If it rains all Summer you know who to blame.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 07:57 PM
Good evening all.

Bit drizzly on our walk this morning, but a lovely sunny afternoon.

Cleaned the inside of the car out today as it's going in for a service tomorrow. I really should take all the sand to the beach. Lots of it. Astounding really as never go on the beach itself.

The dealership are being arses about the service, threatening that if it isn't done now it throws the warranty out the window. Explained in meticulous detail that we are shielding but to no avail. The compromise, such as it is, is that Dave drops off the car tomorrow morning, picks up a hire car which we keep until the next day when he returns it and brings ours home. We offered to pay to have ours picked up and dropped off, but they weren't having any. Ah well.

Congrats on the new car Lynn. Sounds like a bargain
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2021, 08:07 PM
Goodness Chris that is very bad service under these circumstances.
You would think they would be going out of their way to be more helpful, they're lucky they're open and able to do business.

We think we have hope so anyway.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 08:12 PM
Hmmmm, that's kind of right Chris, there are set mileages for services to be done at to preserve the warranty, when I was working we regularly had people come in for a 6k service and they were on 8k plus.....I would imagine that the more realistic scenario is plenty technicians and not enough work..... there's only so many times you can mop the workshop floor, polish your tools, litter pick the site etc. My next door neighbour had to send hers in for service and they offered her a sanitising service, she said no thanks ( it wasn't free) and that she would wipe all surfaces down afterwards herself anyway...she made the valid point of "how do you know it's been done?? You can't see it"
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 10:43 PM
It's one year or 12,000 miles, Kelly. It's done less than 6,000. I'm sure in this situation they could have extended the time. I would mind if we had to take it back a lot earlier for the next service because this is a big worry. We've been so careful over the last 12 months
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >