Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 08:47 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 21st February, 2021

Good morning all. I trust you and your four legged friends are all okay. Have a good day, Springs not far away now. Take things easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2021, 10:39 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Had rain overnight stopped now but everywhere a bit damp.
Another not doing much day to do the spare room we need to off load the two heavy mirror doors, brenda we have decided not to put them in the garden we became concerned about heavy winds making them fall and Gorden could not think of any way to make them secure as they are so big and heavy.
So until we sort them and buy brackets for the shelving we are a bit stuck. Maybe Easter we will start when Gorden has no work for a couple of weeks and the weather is better.
Cannot do much in the garden a bit wet for that still.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 10:44 AM
Aw Lynn always a worry. Morning all. Just ordered a few books off ebay as running out of new ones to read. Alan Titchmarsh called Bring Me Home set in Scotland and two others by someone called Annie Murray, Hopscotch Summer and War Babies, both about the war years. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 10:59 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Benda and all who follow

Easter will soon be here Lynn so rest whilst you can as it seems you will be very busy then.

Enjoy your books when you get them Brenda.

Been busy this morning. Teazle walked and one side of the garden now cleared of leaves and hoed. Just wet enough to get the hoe in and break it up, we have clay soil so have to judge the right time too wet or dry is a no no. Have now made a sponge so sitting having a coffee whilst I keep an eye on the time

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 12:24 PM
Morning all

Had my jab and slight achy arm nothing more. Loving the massive push on the jab front so much so have volunteered at my local site wait and see now.
Been out with Gert the dog thefts seem to be increasing worryingly.

Not sure what I am doing almost brought a snakeskin acer Davidii in the week but actually stopped myself at the checkout of the garden centre need to plan what I want to do before I buy a new family member of a tree a tree is for life not for impulse purchase however tempted to go back tomorrow and get it LOL

Hope you are all good and well plan on sitting reading my book and listening to local BBC radio station garden slot this afternoon at 4pm becoming a ritual actually very restful. I am getting old. LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2021, 12:54 PM
Cleaned the doors and added to the 2 sites to see if we can shift them, we are giving them away.

Hope you only have the sore arm Kazz, very worrying walking dogs on your own now. A lady we meet with a Beagle is walking daylight hours while on furlough and keeping to built up areas, she isn't sure what she will do when she has to go back to work as it will mean early morning walks.

Enjoy whatever you are doing today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 02:31 PM
Afternoon all
Ahhhhh, well done Kazz, really good of you to volunteer
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 02:37 PM
Why did it do that? Hm gremlins. bg!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2021, 02:39 PM
If people are worried about walking their dogs carry a rape alarm or loud whistle. The sort used by schools usually called a pea whistle.This was advice given to me when I was dog training by the police.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2021, 04:41 PM
You can also buy a spray that's legal apparently and it dyes the clothes ans skin red and doesn't come off for a week.

Well what a surprise we have been contemplating a 2nd car again after Dillon emergency last year. Gorden may in the Spring be returning to visiting schools to observe his students. He has chosen schools he can drive to to avoid public transport for now, of course that would of left me without a car. Also the Chrysler needs a small oil leak on the engine investigating and that would likely take a few days so again no car of we got an emergency.
I was browsing the local marketplace and up came a 2003 Peugeot convertible 30,000 miles for £650. We drove over took a look it has some scuffs but I think we could sort them out drives lovely and is now on our drive.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >