Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2021, 10:10 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 15th February,2021

Good Morning, nobody else about this late in the morning? Oh well down to me again to open up. Have a good day, stay safe and well. God Bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2021, 10:26 AM
Good Morning all.

Brenda been for a walk and for some reason was thinking of you, just how long have you been there now 3 months or so? and you appear to have settled in nicely. Just thinking what a change for you in the last year. Not in a melancholy way of thinking, just my mind wandering. LOL

Moyra Good morning how are you this lovely day? I was going to open up but often get the title or similar wrong so thought hey go for a dog walk then come back and hey presto there you are.

Its a lovely day and I imagine if your weather is similar elsewhere then you are out and about or in Sues case out about in and out. LOL

Have a great day all catch you later back out with Gert now, as I have popped the curry on for lunch.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2021, 10:45 AM
Good morning Kazz, Moyra and all who follow

No not been out so far as it is heavy drizzle but meant to clear up later. Madam has taken to her bed with head buried so she thinks I can't see her Just been pottering around the house

Hope all are well stay well
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2021, 11:01 AM
Morning all, spoken with the gp, still anaemic...we think it's because I am virtually vegan but he wants to write to heamotology just to get their input. He did say that my white cells and platelets had risen significantly and as had I got a cold/ flu when I had the test done? I said no but I felt rotten and was having a flare up...he said that explains it and asked what I do when I have a flare up lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Good afternoon all.

Much milder today but foggy so looks a bit miserable. Nicer walk though not having to battle the cold. Even left my hat off

Boris is on tonight so will see what he says, but guessing it's just about schools opening back up in March and opening the vaccine up to over 65s.

At least you are starting to get some answers, Kelly. My mum had awful anaemia. Funny thing is they told her to avoid tea and coffee for a couple of months and it cleared up on it's own. Weird
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2021, 01:29 PM
Kazz thanks for thinking about me. I have my moments of being up and down but a good friend on here keeps me going. I have been here 3 months on Wednesday,13 weeks. I to Chris will be interested to know what little gems Boris comes up with this time. Personally I think he should hold off on letting people congregate outside pubs etc drinking and smoking. Far to soon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Well news. Have been called for my Anti Covid jab appointment booked 17th Feb at 1.100pm, first available appointment and just 5 minutes down the road Yeah. I am not in the age group but I suspect because of having cancer twice and one stroke two TIA's it is my health. But consider myself fit and healthy with small f's and h's LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-02-2021, 01:53 PM
Afternoon everyone already here and those still to follow.

Has been raining this morning that horrible get you wet through drizzle, it stopped by the time we walked Dillon so he was a lucky boy no raincoat needed.
Been trying to ring the surgery we thought we had better actually get ourselves a surgery instead of being registered at the old one and no address updated. Not sure we could of just changed details as we are probably a mile or two out of their catchment area.
We do not want to miss our covid jab invite when it's our turn.
Line was constantly engaged so in the end I rang our old health centre who advised me our records had transferred.
12.50 I got through 10 mins before they break for lunch and after 6 mins of information spoke to someone very nice lady, and they do not send out letters or emails informing you you are accepted and who your doctor is the only reason they will contact you is if there is a problem through them looking at your records.
So we now have a surgery again and listed correctly so we get our invite at some point huge relief.

Keep well everyone and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2021, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good Morning, nobody else about this late in the morning? Oh well down to me again to open up. Have a good day, stay safe and well. God Bless.
Did you contact the GP or regarding your doubts about the jab?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2021, 02:06 PM
Chris, apparently the tanin in tea prevents the uptake of iron, you are supposed to drink orange juice with meals as vitamin c helps the body with the uptake of iron...there you go! Lol
Lynn, so sorry you got soaked, I hate that mizzle stuff, gives you false hope...oh it's only drizzle then 5 minutes in you are sopping wet
Kazz, really chuffed for you! My friend has hers today, she's 51 and diabetic
Brenda, I think you have done brilliantly...so many changes for you, you are bound to have the odd wobble
Booked Kota in for the vets... can't see my own vet until Tuesday next week, the others are new and foreign and I can't see them understanding Kota, if she gets any worse I will have to take her and hope for the best
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >