Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2021, 11:57 AM
Morning all

Dog walk, work, dog walk, lunch, armchair, dog walk, dinner, dog walk, bed...and repeat. LOL
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2021, 01:05 PM
Kazz, no...she hasn't been near us, I don't go near anyone except Steve and to the shop.... when I am out I have a mask on all the time and use the sanitizer in shops and sanitise my hands as soon as I have removed my mask after getting off the bus. I honestly don't think she understands, we tried to explain that she may not be notified unless Eileen has given her details ( which is unlikely) and that she should request a test and stay home. She also lives in a sheltered accommodation block when she isn't looking after her partner and mum said that she should tell them what Eileen said ( as she was there when she was told about Eileen being in contact with the positive person)...she has a panel thing on the wall where you can talk to them, she said she would go down and see them, I honestly don't know how to make her understand that just because she is symptomless doesn't mean she doesn't have it/ can spread it. I put the phone down on her yesterday and I won't be in a rush to get in touch ( I know that sounds horrible but I have enough of my own stuff without her adding to it)
Spoken to the drs this morning, was something for my dad but was talking to the receptionist about my jab on Saturday, she had it and is fine, had a red sore arm for a week and sore joints 24 hours after, I asked how do I know which one I am getting and she said it will be Pfizer I am given unless I have any allergies ( which I don't think I do)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2021, 02:07 PM
The hard work getting boxes down from the loft paid off, I was able to access the photos in the boxes from under the bed. Have sorted some for Peter of the good old days and some for my niece Angela.
All packed and ready to be posted tomorrow while I pop out for a few bits of shopping.

Kazz good to be back on the daily thread.
griff off load as soon as possible if you can.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Good afternoon all. Very dull day and drizzly

Kelly, doesn't the block she lives in insist on a monthly test anyway? Where Gary is they leave on for him every month. I do it with him and post it, but the Care Manager would do it if I asked her to
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2021, 03:55 PM
Griff as Chris says although my aunt has passed away I speak on the phone to one of the family members of another resident and they get tested as well theirs is every other week due to age and health of most of the residents now. If people/residents go out and about which some do they do a weekly test and take temperatures too.

Like Lynn says "off load as soon as possible" this is where the danger is coming from for people.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2021, 03:58 PM
Revising my daily actives too.

Dog walk, work, dog walk, Asda, dog walk, armchair, dinner, dog walk, bed...and repeat. LOL

On the armchair /dinner bit at the moment and have now completed my monthly shop and onder of wonders stuck to my list.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2021, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The hard work getting boxes down from the loft paid off, I was able to access the photos in the boxes from under the bed. Have sorted some for Peter of the good old days and some for my niece Angela.
All packed and ready to be posted tomorrow while I pop out for a few bits of shopping.
Awww that's lovely.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2021, 04:03 PM
How's our lovely Dillon these days Lynn, is he still going along ok? I do hope so. Our four legged friends are so important and I miss Amber so terribly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2021, 05:18 PM
No Chris and Kazz, as far as I am aware no test...she is there Tuesday and Wednesday and that's it, the only thing they asked people to do was fill in a form with people who had been to their property, the proximity to them and the duration of the visit. We haven't heard from her today and mum said she isn't bothered if she speaks to her again.
Moyra, it's never easy losing them, I caught my dad calling one of the dogs by my old dogs name today....we lost her 7 years ago!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2021, 05:46 PM
Blimey they are lax, Kelly.

No visitors other than carers where Gary is. As I am his carer, I'm allowed to go, but have to sanitise, don mask and gloves. If Gary sets through the door, which he only. does to empty rubbish and occasionally pop into the shop which is in the block, he has to wear his face shield. Any workmen going in have to don full ppe and Gary has to open a window
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >