Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 03:40 PM

Some photos of Bella

Had a trawl through to find some where it's not just her walking ahead of me
Enjoying being out with us at the waterfront

My favourite

My two best girls

With her belly bandage after spaying - the most sorry she's ever felt for herself!

A puppy pic

I'm NOT going out wearing this!

Getting checked out by two Cyprus Street Poodles

Having the whole salt lake to yourself when it is dry

Having the whole sale lake to yourself when it is wet

Having a whole beach to yourself
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 03:46 PM
She really is very photogenic - what a pretty girl
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Such a pretty girl and looks very intelligent.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Such a pretty girl and looks very intelligent.
She is a 'smart' dog. Intelligence vs Crafty? Put it this way - she's hard to resist but being of a breed known as the TYRANTS of the mini dog world - life would be unbearable if she got all her own way all the time!

It's very enjoyable owning a dog that everybody who meets her loves her and here in Cyprus (sadly) the 'cute looking' dogs are much more acceptable to the locals.

She is TOTALLY different than my CKCS was. That Cavvy will always hold a special place in my heart as the 'best dog in the world'. But I love Bella just as much really - a very independent, arsy little madam!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Bella is the second most gorgeous wubble in the Eastern Mediterranean! xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Al the other photos are lovely too only just seen them.

A neighbour of ours had a min pin and she was handful and in the end they returned her to the breeder they couldn't have the grandchildren round without crating her all the time. They didn't do her any favours I don't think.
They now have a JRTxPug I think it is.
The chap is a bit silly with it and when it yaps he picks it up his wife says to him put him down we don't want a yappy dog. I think she means another yappy dog.
You seem to of got the balance right with Bella.
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 04:26 PM
lovely wee dog and lovely mixture of photos
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Lynn she was a doddle to housetrain - easiest of any dog I've owned. She now doesn't pull on the lead and stays close off the lead and comes back and stands still and is in general quite 'biddable'.

Hardest jobs were getting her to stop non stop barking and biting! They are well known for that and anyone who isn't prepared to put the time in shouldn't get one really.

We now 'encourage' her to play bite just to practise the 'NOBITING!!' which stops her instantly (and makes us laugh coz she sometimes stops with her mouth open and keeps it like that as if she doesn't know what to do next lol!)

Barking just took endless putting her calmly out on the verandah and closing the door. She'd stop I'd let her back in - she'd start again - out she went and so on and on and on. Then I was able to just point and say OUT! and off she'd go. Then didn't even have to shut her out - or say OUT! Just point to the door and off she'd toddle and stand there waiting to be asked back in lol!

I don't stop her barking for good reason. Just when she appears to be doing it just because she loves barking!

My main priority was the biting - there was a baby living opposite me then. No way going to take a chance on her biting a baby even in play. And my sis was coming over with my 1 yr old nephew so wanted to be sure he was safe with her (they became the best of partners in crime) and I was taking her to meet my granddaughter - same there. And they ADORED each other on sight. Cuddled up together - baby feeding dog - dog following baby everywhere. Bella is in fact SUPERB with young children. The minute they take her lead she slows right down and looks back at them. She even let a little visiting 5yr old in a wheelchair take her for a walk - the little girl held the lead handle and Bella pulled the wheelchair!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Love the one in the jumper
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Bella is the second most gorgeous wubble in the Eastern Mediterranean! xx
Thank you. I could say exactly the same thing about Pereg!

Pereg's face reminds me of Bella sometimes - just the 'look'. I think they'd get on famously. Hey they could probably sort out the Middle East problems between them!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >