View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 05:11 PM
He looks so proud of himself in the first photo "Hey Mum look what I've done - are you pleased?" What a cheeky chap he is. But to be honest he wouldn't have known that it wasn't a toy especially for him ...... they must have made quite a crunchy noise

In all honesty it wasn't his fault.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
He looks so proud of himself in the first photo "Hey Mum look what I've done - are you pleased?" What a cheeky chap he is. But to be honest he wouldn't have known that it wasn't a toy especially for him ...... they must have made quite a crunchy noise

In all honesty it wasn't his fault.
Of course. The thing is, they were on my side table while I slept.. and we all know dogs are not to jump up on tables and snatch things down. Clearly, it's still not his fault as he's been home only a week and hasn't learned that yet fully... but you know.

Oh well! It's been so long since I had a troublemaking puppy, I had forgotten how naughty they can be.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi Mjfromga - great to see you back, is that a new puppy you have? What a little beauty Nigredo is and what a devil!

Last I recall you were having problems with Jade what did you decide for her .
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 07:16 PM
He looks really really pleased with all his hard work! I'm a real fan of bitter apple spray...although you wouldn't want it on your glasses! Most dogs hate it and even if they do pick it up they usually spit the object out pretty quick.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 07:26 PM
He is lovely, even if he did have an accident with your glasses!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Hi Mjfromga - great to see you back, is that a new puppy you have? What a little beauty Nigredo is and what a devil!

Last I recall you were having problems with Jade what did you decide for her .
Nothing yet unfortunately. My mother doesn't want to let her go. My brother has agreed to take her on walks with him and I'm trying to truly see what kind of quality of life she will have. She got a glimpse of Nigredo the other day and went berserk.

Oddly enough, she hasn't been barking like she used to while outside.. and lately, we've been able to leave her outside in the nice night air instead of having to bring her in, hoping that neighbors don't call animal control on our barking dog.

I will enlist the aid of dogsey soon enough. I'll get a camera and take it out there and show everyone personally what I'm dealing with. Like I said, while this decision ultimately rests with my mother, if I truly feel that Jade is suffering, I'll not hesitate to act on my own.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Also... just a small "update". The vet told me that Nigredo is most likely a Black Labrador/Great Pyrenees or Newfoundland mix. She said she's almost sure and that all male dogs she's seen with his characteristics (huge paws, large puppy size, double dews, huge bark) grow to 100+ pounds (45 KG)

The shelter told us he was a Border Collie/Akita/Black Lab mix that would be 70 pounds (31 KG).. 80 pounds (36 KG) if he got a bit big.. what a surprise! WAY different. Went from a large breed to giant... I wonder which of them is right... or if they're both wrong! O_O
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2