Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Chris it was someone who said they were Amazon fraud dept and that someone had hacked into my account and bought something for several hundred pounds cannot remember how much and they were in california.
He said two other hackers had also got into my account via my pc and it went on from there. Unbeknown to me he took out a loan of £20k in my name at my bank and he put loads of files on my pc one in particular called Supremo was put on but not installed in my directory but it gave him complete control of my pc and everything. Took me ages to clear
everything out and thanks to TSB fraud they got it sorted but they didn't get him unfortunately so he got away with £19k he took from my account.
I have had to change my log in details and memorable details etc to protect my account. I have also spent quite a bit on AVG programmes to clear everything and make my computer 100% safe.

Good Lord Moyra sounds scary; so he got £19,000 and a £20,000 loan WOW.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 06:31 PM
Oh Brenda, I so feel for you and at such a late stage in the game. Hopefully things will get sorted out soon x

Moyra, that's terrible. Will the bank reimburse all the money from your account. It's so bloody scary that these despicable cretins can do things like this x
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 07:27 PM
Yes, I was so concerned that I would need to repay the loan he took out in my name but the bank have cancelled it and put my account right. I was so relieved but it makes it hard for me ever to trust again.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 10:23 PM
It's just too easy to fall for these scammers Moyra.

Rule of thumb is never click on a link without checking the source and never give any banking or computer details over the phone without knowing for certain who you are talking to

On saying that, my sister had a similar problem a few years ago after using a cash machine that had been compromised. Fortunately, after a lot of faffing about, the bank sorted it out and she wasn't out of pocket
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2