Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 05:03 AM

Daily natter Tuesday 24th November 2020

Morning all. Yep I'm awake. Can't seem to sleep longer than 6 hours. Even if I go to bed later. Awake around 3.30 then that's it. Off to sort bank out today. Proper mix up over paper work not reaching me to change address so some companies won't accept my card online. So, a trip into another town because Lancing doesn't have my bank. Have now got washing machine. It is being plumbed in this afternoon. Just hope it goes smoothly. Bit of a tight fit. Have a good day all. By the time the end of the month comes everything should be straight here, I hope.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 08:45 AM
Good morning Brenda/all

My sleeping pattern is usually 6 hours too Brenda and often that is done in instalments .

I must get my banking sorted out after this lot is all over. My nearest bank is 35 miles away and very awkward to get to, but the actual branch I'm registered with is a hundred mile away. We'd just decided it was a pain in the backside to have our bank so far away, when all this mess started.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 09:29 AM
Morning all.
I count myself lucky..my bank is in the city centre, and there's another branch a little further away but still the same city. To be honest...I very rarely go in anymore, I do everything via the app but I guess stuff like change of address or branch has to be in person
Had a phone call from the doctors...I do need a tetanus injection....so that's something to look forward to later lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 11:26 AM
Good morning everyone

Pleased things are getting sorted Brenda and hope you can sortt the bank

Yes Chris banks aren't here to help us any longer. When we moved here we had one bank (open 3 days a week but better than nothing) and one building society. Now have both closed so have to travel into town Like you Kelly I now do my banking on line and only go into town if really needed.

Lovely morning here. Cleared a few ore leaves and taken to the tip and was he two loads of bedding which is now blowing nicely on the line.

Hope all are well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Good afternoon all.

Washing on the line the dog has been walked twice and we are both awaiting a little lunch.

Have I mentioned I have a chest freezer being delivered looking forward to it. Have a fridge freezer but not a lot of room so have decided to get a new chest one, the old one died couple of years ago but living alone now do some batch cooking etc and need the space to store. Also given the current Covid restriction will cut down on my shopping trips.

Have checked the Christmas lights are working and have brought
wrapping paper.

Brenda Hope you get sorted, small hitches are to be expected when moving but are you pleased to have your own space?

Chris Hope all is going well with you all.

Griff How is your captive Grinch (Steve) getting on with the Christmas items being delivered. LOL

Sue Do you have to book appointments for the tips by you we do here.

H
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Thought it was sorted but nope. Because my bank account had my landline number which isn't connected at the moment until Friday midnight, yep a BT cockup, I still can't access my bank account online. Mutter mutter. So, I can either go back into town or just wait and get a balance from a cash point machine. Do they still do mini statements?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Yes they do mini statements
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Thought it was sorted but nope. Because my bank account had my landline number which isn't connected at the moment until Friday midnight, yep a BT cockup, I still can't access my bank account online. Mutter mutter. So, I can either go back into town or just wait and get a balance from a cash point machine. Do they still do mini statements?
Do you drive Brenda?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 04:46 PM
Yes sue... Online is very good, very rarely need to go in branch now
Lol Kazz, waiting on 2 reindeers and a sleigh lol
Brenda... really hope you get things sorted soon
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2020, 05:18 PM
Kazz I do drive but have no car now. Licence expired now and can't be bothered to renew it. Can't afford one now either. I will wait until Friday midnight and hope I get the land line connected. I will go to the nearest cashpoint tomorrow and see if I can get a mini statement for my bank. Not sure if I can though. Some cashpoint machines don't do them for my bank. I am now going to have a lazy evening. Hope you all have a good one. Catchup tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >