Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
How on Earth have you managed to get a Tesco slot near to Christmas? You nudged me into thinking we should book ours and slots only go up to 3rd of December. I wonder if that's the reason you can't add anything. Maybe they've taken them off for now, but are letting you retain the slot, but not put stuff onto it as yet??
WOW Chris snap on the thinking there on reading Moyra's post I looked on Sainsburys and can only get till the 27th November. Maybe that's why you cannot complete the basket Moyra although no idea how you got that far ahead anyhow.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 02:07 PM
Have been out with Gert and back now for coffee; washing on the line blowing nicely I love Autumn/Winter but the fact the nights draw in by late afternoon brings it home with my washing regime working mornings as I do. Catching up with I Wednesday nights MasterChef the professionals.

The remainder of my homemade curry tonight with rice. Looking forward to it, its in the oven now smells lovely. Will be out with Gert again later for another good run. Then a nice dinner with the curtains closed and onto bed for about 8pm.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 02:43 PM
Chris to get a slot you have to be disabled and have doctors support. I am registered disabled and have lots of medical problems. But even then I still have problems getting support.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 02:52 PM
Anyone want to take on board all my medical problems then you are welcome to my Tesco slots.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 05:05 PM
Not sure I feel comfortable with having to be "registered disabled"....step back for equality and I am pretty sure theres not a disability register anymore.....for anyone who is interested I just got my mum to look and she can book up to the 19 December, she just has a pass thing... it's nothing to do with her or my illnesses so I am sure your local stores will be releasing slots in the near future
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Not sure I feel comfortable with having to be "registered disabled"....step back for equality and I am pretty sure theres not a disability register anymore.....for anyone who is interested I just got my mum to look and she can book up to the 19 December, she just has a pass thing... it's nothing to do with her or my illnesses so I am sure your local stores will be releasing slots in the near future
There you are then sorted.

To be honest was not looking at booking a Christmas food delivery as I will easily be able to go and get what Gert and I need, as cannot see the rules changing to allow family gatherings. Just thought I would glance to see if there were issues with Sainsburys but the slots not available.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Anyone want to take on board all my medical problems then you are welcome to my Tesco slots.
Just to confirm Moyra I was in no way being offensive. If you took it as such then I apologise;
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 06:28 PM
Kazz, likewise, we will sort our own and go to the supermarket, like you, I don't really see things being how they used to be, we will just do what we usually do probably minus my brother if he can't travel...so that will be dropping dinner off to anyone home alone and dropping Steve and Molly's dinner off
I have just looked and my council doesn't have a disabled register anymore...guess it depends on your council
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 06:44 PM
I'm looking forward to being really on my own and not cooking for some ungrateful b...er. if I can't get a delivery slot with Tesco nearer the time there is a great premier/one stop near me. sorry Moyra you do have a car and a capable son to help you. Unlike some who don't and have to travel by bus.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2020, 10:14 PM
We are on the clinical vulnerable list, Moyra and have priority slots. I know what you mean about the illnesses though, believe me I do.

No doubt the slots will come on soon. It was just a thought on my part from seeing your post and then discovering that the nearest ours got to Christmas was the 3rd of December.

It's not too desperate if we don't get a slot. Christmas is mostly bought and in the freezer, it's just the fresh stuff and trifles etc and then no doubt buying tons of stuff to try to get it up to the minimum spend .

Definitely, didn't intend to offend you, just trying to get a jump on the big day
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >