Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Take away coffee, why?

What is it with people these days, are they permanently thirsty Wherever you go you see people clutching takeaway cartons of coffee even in the little town where I shop. Are they unable to exist from one meal break to the next.

Most of this so called 'coffee' tastes to me like expensive bitter dishwater not to be compared with the excellent Kenyan coffee I brew myself at home.

I notice on TV soaps like Eastenders people who live locally even those who are supposedly poor seem to spend a lot of time drinking in tea/ coffee in the cafe, don't they have a kettle at home one wonders
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Lol Mini, we thought the same in Corrie, how come their house is just across the road and yet they feel it necessary to be in the cafe eating breakfast or drinking tea???

I really don't know how we survived for so long without walking around the streets with a bottle of water in one hand, a coffee in the other and a mobile phone stuck to our ear

I have a Tassimo coffee machine at home, it beats any of those coffee houses I've tried, and that's only because I've been dragged into one by a friend when out shopping, when I'd much rather get back home to my dog! Sad aren't I
Meg
Supervisor

18-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol Mini, we thought the same in Corrie, how come their house is just across the road and yet they feel it necessary to be in the cafe eating breakfast or drinking tea???

I really don't know how we survived for so long without walking around the streets with a bottle of water in one hand, a coffee in the other and a mobile phone stuck to our ear

I have a Tassimo coffee machine at home, it beats any of those coffee houses I've tried, and that's only because I've been dragged into one by a friend when out shopping, when I'd much rather get back home to my dog! Sad aren't I
Well I guess that makes me sad too Helena. I went in a place with my DIL not long ago with gorgeous looking cakes which tasted of sawdust and coffee which I almost
choked on.
It's heaven to get home for a decent cup of coffee with a dog by your feet..
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 01:30 PM

When I went shopping with Lizzie we thought about a coffee & muffin,went to the coffee shop and it was going to cost £5 for two cups of coffee

I told her no way am I paying that when I can get a big jar for the same money so we went to Mcdonalds instead Had a meal and drink for £2 more
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 01:42 PM
My Niece in Canada gets Tim Hortons take aways, coffee and doughnuts.
Why not buy some dnuts and take them home and make your own coffee?
They sometimes set off at 10 at night just to get a "Timmi's"
Why????
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I sooo agree, the stuff they sell is muck, and overpriced muck at that.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-11-2012, 04:58 PM
The only time we use them is on a long journey and the OH is a coffeholic at the best of times, I don't drink it at all so always end up with an overpriced fruit juice.. Last time was the trip to collect Phoenix from her breeder which was about 4 hours in either direction, so the services did quite well out of us. I usually try to head for the ones with marks and sparks so I can get something edible while the OH heads for costa's or wherever.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2012, 09:45 PM
i do like it, but i do look at the prices and just think it is MAD
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2012, 06:45 PM
I must admit to having a particular fondness for McDonalds Latte,but then again apart from expresso im a coffee addict.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I notice on TV soaps like Eastenders people who live locally even those who are supposedly poor seem to spend a lot of time drinking in tea/ coffee in the cafe, don't they have a kettle at home one wonders
I used to think that about the launderette - they never show that now!

I miss Dot
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >