Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2004, 09:01 PM

Yesterday's trip to the vet

Chester had some blood taken yesterday... by a right k nob
As i walked in with him the vet stepped back and said does he bite, so i said NO and glarred at him, do not like the man anyway (different man)

He then gets the clippers out on Chester leg, but he jumps back causing the vet to throw his clippers into the air... and goes off to get a nurse to help hold him, which wasn't needed and also returns with a muzzle needless to say i was not f***ing happy, not one bit.

I was going to tell him that the muzzle wasn't going on, but he could have refused taking the blood, and then would have had made another appointment... so next time i'm going to ask the woman at reception that i'm not happy with him seeing Chester again.

Just glad Ian wasn't with me.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Poor Chester I hate taking Star to the vet. Experiences like that have made her hate the vet. I have to muzzle her now if the vet is going to touch her

Hope Chester is OK
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Give chester a big hug from me - hope he is ok. :smt049
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2004, 05:08 AM
Don't mind my dog being muzzled if it makes the vet more comfortable but hate that attitude before he has even touched the dog. Can't see why he needed to clip anyway the dog was not unconscious and he should have known where the vein was. At my vets they only clip if there has been heavy bleeding or if they are putting a drip in, the first time I went I asked that they did not clip as I show the dog and was told by the chief vet that if a vet he employed could not take blood without clipping then that vet was was asked to go.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2004, 07:18 AM
Poor Chester I like Thordell would not mind if the vet was scared of my dogs, if they were muzzled. But fingers crossed up until now the vet hasnt done it. Mind you Saffy does go into the consulting room backend wagging 100 times a sec because she always get a biscuit when shes on the table.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Think I must have missed the post or more that likely forgotten, what is wrong with Chester, what ever it is I hope the blood test hope sort it out.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

30-04-2004, 12:46 PM
I think Kirsty was more peeved off with the fact he prejudged Chester by his looks rather than his temperment (which I know he's very friendly). And then when he calls for 'back up' well lol - but I think like many of you have said that it's ok for vets to be scared of our dogs or even some of our dogs but what I wouldn't tolerate is if they are rougher than they have to be. I think you are well within your rights to ask "is that necessary?"

Hope he is feelin better soon Kirst!

Also - why not change vets?

N is this ongoing cos of his runny poos?
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Its because of the poo... think they mentioned his pancreas.

Cannot really change vets, as we both do not work its easy to go to the PDSA and contribute money every visit.

Our old vet who are very good but are also bloody expensive, and i don't fancy getting very large bills.

Apart from that he is fine and dandy
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

30-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Hi Kirst - did u read one of my previous posts in relation to Rockys Poo? It's sorted now (touch wood) and it was because (in my view) the 'little' dried foods such as Hills, Burns, JW etc are too rich - Rockys on Pascoes complete (chicken flv) with tripe, it's also natural but a great big plus is it's cheaper too (not that it mattered really!) it's only £12.99 for 15KG and at the mo Pet@shome have an offer at £8.99 !!

I think 'our' dogs were getting runny poo not because of the food in normal quantities but because they EAT SO MUCH! I remb u saying Chester used to eat everything, jus like Rocky so I figured those other foods were too rich in large quantities (something a Persian breeder told me once) - anyway Sarah suggested a mixer too and voila - it's working now!

I kno Chesters been thro loads, but do you reckon its worth a go?

Pascoes original complete (chicken flavour)

Really hope that helps!
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi Azz,

Do you feed Rocky green tripe? It is more difficult to get hold of but still contains all the beneficial bacteria to help him digest his food, is great for teeth too! Ordinary tripe really just bulks other food out, fills them up but doesn't really provide much in the way of nourishment.

How old is he now? Post more pics!!!!!

With regards to this thread, one of my pet hates are vets! They were always terrified of our old English Bull Terriers, who were such softies. However one of my dogs is a real problem and has to be muzzled, so you can understand them being cautious, but not over cautious which makes the dog worse.

Lizzy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >