View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

22-10-2004, 12:21 PM

Drugs what do you think

Do you think that drugs such as cannabis are ok and should it be made legal like in other countries?

If you smoke cannabis for recreation purposes do you smoke it in front of your children?

Do you think that cannabis should be used to relieve the pain and suffering of some medical conditions? Also should cannabis be available on the NHS for this reason.

If you do not smoke fags but smoke cannabis? (some people do) explain the difference between the two.

Is there enough information made available to children in schools?

Are schools doing enough on drug education?

Even though driving while under the influence of drugs is illegal do you think that the government should develop a roadside test like for drink even if it means the police calling an ambulance to take samples of blood for testing if that is what is needed?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2004, 12:23 PM
think this is more a Heated debates topic

Do you think that cannabis should be used to relieve the pain and suffering of some medical conditions? Also should cannabis be available on the NHS for this reason.
If cannabis is the only treatment available to relieve the pain as some sufferers claim then why not ? Although then we go into the realms of who supplies the cannabis and what tests does it have to undergo (like FDA approval and all that )? Quite a lengthy discussion on its own

Also should cannabis be available on the NHS for this reason.
Since I as a taxpayer am already funding the likes of scum with their methodone treatment from the NHS then surely the answer would have to be yes if it was an approved treatment
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2004, 12:30 PM
do you think that the government should develop a roadside test like for drink even if it means the police calling an ambulance to take samples of blood for testing if that is what is needed?
Its just not a financially viable solution. The police do not have the capacity to catch every drink driver anyway so would not be able to catch every drug user driving.

Also the ambulance services are already VERY overstretched. Would you be happy if a member of your family required an ambulance but it was out doing a drug test on someone? Not a practical idea I feel
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Definately another one for Heated Debates

I believe it should be available on the NHS.

I don't think there is enough information available therefore schools are NOT able to inform the children properly, but then again I think it should be upto the parents to educate their own children on such topics.

I do think that a roadside test should be devolped as drugs are becoming more widely used in today's society.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2004, 12:37 PM
If you smoke cannabis for recreation purposes do you smoke it in front of your children?
I don't allow any type of drugs to be used in front of my children.

Yes, I do.

Is there enough information made available to children in schools?
Personally, I don't think that there is, but, like sex education, would it make any difference if there was?

Even though driving while under the influence of drugs is illegal do you think that the government should develop a roadside test like for drink even if it means the police calling an ambulance to take samples of blood for testing if that is what is needed?
I think that something should be put into place, but not using our already overstretched ambulance service.

[/quote]
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2004, 12:44 PM
My kids get drug education from the community policeman/woman at school when they are about 10 or 11.

The police bring a tray full of drugs into the school so the kids are aware of what each drug looks like. They are then told what happens to you when you take the drugs. The parents are also invited to attend if they want to.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2004, 12:44 PM
My two both recieved information on different types on drugs when they reached their first year of secondary school- at 11.
They recieved info on all the different types of drugs (Cannabis/cocain/heroin/ecstasy/amphetamines/aerosols and gases)
.They were also given their street slang names so they would be aware of what they were being offered ( charlie/speed/whizz etc to name a few). Also info on what the effects are etc etc. It might seem young but at this age they are able to understand and in some parts of the country drug abuse at this age is already common.

The problem with drugs is that there are some socially acceptable drugs out there and not all are viewed the same by some. Ecsatasy and cocaine are viewed as a party drug for those wanting a good time and I dont believe they are viewed the same as something as sinister as heroin.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2004, 12:49 PM
that sounds like the same type of info my kids got Lel. Except they got in the last year of primary school.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2004, 12:56 PM
i was quite happy with it. In my day i recieved no information
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

22-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by mr.leo
Do you think that drugs such as cannabis are ok and should it be made legal like in other countries?

If you do not smoke fags but smoke cannabis? (some people do) explain the difference between the two.
Thank you for your replies but some points have been left uncovered.
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »