Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 07:39 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, March 18

Good Morning everyone, rather dull bleak looking day out there. I was hoping it was going to brighten up a bit.

Lynn it is all such a worry to you but I cannot see you can do anymore other than to be there for Mark and Joel.

Harvey, poor Casey glad his leg is healing and his plums are back to normal. Shame if he is going to have to have further work on his knee joint.

Brenda, wont be going along the line of anything that can cause fits in a dog, trouble is Harlow is not that very far away from here.

Griff hope you and your mum are feeling better today and also Dex if you are going to take him to the vet to have that tooth removed.

Hope Nippy Jen you are improving day by day and Mandy too. Take care everyone, have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 07:52 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
We have had some rain overnight.

Hope everyone is feeling well today. Plus all our furry friends.
Harvey glad to hear the good news about Casey sorry you are still feeling unwell. Wishing you better soon.
Mandy hope the pain is easing.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Moyra are you talking about the bravecto? That is why I won't use it. Advantix has been mentioned but not sure about the use on Collies so will look it up. Bit worried as going to Kent for holiday and not taken him down there before. Normally go to New Forest or Dorset way. Have a good day all and hope you like the post about Tyto's relation.
Have just looked back on previous posts from yesterday and now see what you mean Moyra. I am very against all collars with preparations in them. So will have to look further into something to use. Problem is I do know that some dogs can have a reaction to Frontline.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Very cold wind here, was in and out as quick as possible when handing out breakfasts and cleaning up,left all the doors shut as well. Taking them out on the Country Park in a while and hoping it will have warmed up enough so the doors can be open this afternoon.
Whats the next stage with Joel, letting the school know the NSPCC are showing interest, I would do, I think they need the Fear Factor myself to get them doing something. If Mark had Joel living with him then surely he'd be able to get further up the housing list as well, in fact maybe some sort of priority due to the situation.Would Shelter be able to help maybe.
Moyra keep yourself warm and wrapped up, thermal undies for you today
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Good morning

Loved the video of Tyto's relation Brenda.

Fingers crossed the school shut up and take notice now Lynn

Sorry you are still feeling unwell Harvey so hope you are feeling better soon and that Mandy's pain is a little easier,

Enjoy your time in the country park with the girls June.

Hope you are managing to seep warm Moyra.

Yes its cold out there today. Overcast but dry so washing is out and housework done. May put some sprout seeds into trays this morning and some carrots into a pot other than than nothing planned.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Mark wants to push it further but is worried the council will not look favourably at him now taking Joel if it was possible and he feels like he is using him as a bargaining tool Such a difficult situation we really cannot even think about the care route which it may come down too with Marks present situation.
I am holding fire for now Mark is going to talk to Joel again see if he can convince him to leave and go with him Mark would then feel batter telling the council because Joel would of made the choice. If not it seems he will try to manage the situation as he has been and that the penalty notice for his unacceptable absence gives her the kick up the bum she needs.
I am feeling pretty stressed about it all to be honest. If his absence had been bad enough for notices a year ago or even before it wouldn't of been a problem Mark was with Tracey and yes this situation would still of happened but Joel would of been Marks responsibility already.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 10:44 AM
That wind is very cold today. Am going to put the gas fire on in a minute no point in sitting here cold. Am getting some washing done, but hope to change the sheets on my bed and get them into the wash next. Popped out and got myself a bottle of scotch so I can have a little tot to warm myself up!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Good idea Moyra. Cannot believe how cold and wet it is today after a beautiful day yesterday.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Finally changed the sheets on my bed and got the dirty ones into the wash. Now need to hoover round, shan't need the gas fire on while I am doing that as I am plenty warm enough now.

Hope Mark has a chat to the school about Joel, Lynn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Still waiting to hear about an interview for Gorden. Advert said interviews were taking place this week Tuesday he couldn't help himself he rang to be told they had a problem so now hoping for next week. Secretary seemed surprised the ad stated this week.
He was a bit worried his email had been lost in cyberpace in case they had spelt his name wrong. Shambolic were his words so they either need him or is it in fact the right place ? We shall see.
I am not expecting him to even get an interview now to much experience so too expensive they cannot afford the top teacher rate or his age.
What a week will need a drink this weekend may come and nick your scotch Moyra.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »