Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2015, 01:41 AM
Myra ,
Why is Obama so unpopular in the US? he seems one of the good guys to me.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Wasn't it the Daily Mail and the Telegraph that suggested if we voted Labour we would definitely have an SNP Government ruling the UK?

They are the two newspapers that I would even wrap chips in, let alone believe
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Chris, sadly it would appear that these stories are true, Corbyn has some very strange ideas and attitudes. Must agree with you though as regards some of our tabloids who never let the truth get in the way of a good story, as they say.
Is it still legal to wrap chips in newspaper? lol !
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Chris, Have you read the articles? If you dismiss them without reading then then you are biased , the same thing the DM is accused of.

The names of all the people who were concerned and contact him are all there. Its not about believing the mail but the people involved.

You might want to check out the articles about Labour and PIE.

His supporters don't want to believe these things and the fact the articles are in the DM and Telegraph gives them a reason to dismiss them and not to believe them. There's none as blind !
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Put simply, IMO Obama is unpopular because he is a liar. We know politicians are liars, but it isn't super often that they throw it in your face. He made a lot of promises to get into office, and he really did not come through on much of anything. Mind you both the final candidates were horrible for that election. The highlights of his presidency are the overwhelming amounts of mass shootings and police shootings, the ISIS incident, the worst healthcare system reform ever known as OBAMA CARE, and the legalization of gay marriage.

He was often filmed and photographed vacationing abroad and screwing around in other countries while America suffered. His public speeches are loaded with "um" and "uh" and he really made a mockery of the presidency as a whole. Most polls and whatnot list him as one of the worst presidents ever. It is arguable that he's even any better than Bush was, and that is a MAJOR ouch. Thanks to him, Hilary Clinton and crew really do not stand much of a chance.

I'm not REALLY into politics, so try to take what I say with a grain (or tablespoon full) of salt.

ADDED: Also, and I don't like to add things like this but he made a few radical statements such as America isn't a Christian nation, when despite me not even being Christian, I acknowledge that's the religion this country was founded upon and that's the most popular religion here. That really rubbed people the wrong way. He's Muslim (named Barack Hussein Obama) and there's a question as to whether he was even American born, which also rubs people the wrong way.

Additionally, for quite a few people... unfortunately his race makes him unpopular even if they would not hate him otherwise. Obama is actually of mixed race, so it doesn't even make a lot of sense. There's a LOT of different reasons one can dislike Obama and there don't seem to be a ton of reasons to like him.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Put simply, IMO Obama is unpopular because he is a liar. We know politicians are liars, but it isn't super often that they throw it in your face. He made a lot of promises to get into office, and he really did not come through on much of anything. Mind you both the final candidates were horrible for that election. The highlights of his presidency are the overwhelming amounts of mass shootings and police shootings, the ISIS incident, the worst healthcare system reform ever known as OBAMA CARE, and the legalization of gay marriage.

He was often filmed and photographed vacationing abroad and screwing around in other countries while America suffered. His public speeches are loaded with "um" and "uh" and he really made a mockery of the presidency as a whole. Most polls and whatnot list him as one of the worst presidents ever. It is arguable that he's even any better than Bush was, and that is a MAJOR ouch. Thanks to him, Hilary Clinton and crew really do not stand much of a chance.

I'm not REALLY into politics, so try to take what I say with a grain (or tablespoon full) of salt.

ADDED: Also, and I don't like to add things like this but he made a few radical statements such as America isn't a Christian nation, when despite me not even being Christian, I acknowledge that's the religion this country was founded upon and that's the most popular religion here. That really rubbed people the wrong way. He's Muslim (named Barack Hussein Obama) and there's a question as to whether he was even American born, which also rubs people the wrong way.

Additionally, for quite a few people... unfortunately his race makes him unpopular even if they would not hate him otherwise. Obama is actually of mixed race, so it doesn't even make a lot of sense. There's a LOT of different reasons one can dislike Obama and there don't seem to be a ton of reasons to like him.
It seems all the reasons you have listed to hate Obama look very bigoted ( I don't know if you support these views) how can he be linked to your gun crime, you have a history of gun crime like no other western country. Due to your " right to bare arms" law.

What's his religion got to do with anything, is he a muslin he's mixed race just like thousands of othe Americians , your judging his intent on his name

I don't realy know much about him, he comes across an ok to me a far saner president than some of your previous ones, and God help you if trump gets voted in

What shocks me about the hate directed towards him from some of your country men is the sheer bigotry thrown around , some of the things said about his wife and family is disgusting, .
Politicians world wide will get criticism , they promise and don't follow through, it's the name of the game, some achieve good things some don't, but to be honest if I was him and his family I would be out of there in a flash when such hatred is directed towards my family.

P.S....I did not know the Native American were Christians, you said your country was founded on Christianity , would they agree I wonder !
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Yes, lots of the reasons Obama is hated is pure bigotry and racism, as I mentioned. I do not link him to gun crime, but all over America the overwhelming amounts of times he's had to speak out against gun crime is mentioned. I think they said there was like a record breaking 19 or something mass shootings while he was in office. My personal reasons for disliking him have nothing to do with his race, religion, or his family. IMO he was simply all over the place both physically and metaphorically speaking and I am just tired of him.

Not saying he's the cause of the gun crime because he's likely not, but as he's the one who tried to strip people of their guns, it's merely ironic. Additionally, the amendment is the right to BEAR arms. I merely said some of the things other people said. I'm atheist, and honestly I don't judge one religion over another so please. The Hussein as his middle name made him a laughingstock for a while due to the Saddam Hussein incident. As I said, he's been mocked countless times for countless reasons.

As for the Native Americans, I'm pretty sure they were not Christian true enough... but then they didn't found a country, they were simply this lands native people. The country as we know it, stolen from them by you European people since you want to take it that direction, is a Christian nation and I DO believe Obama was out of line by saying that. It did garner him a lot of additional hatred as SO many people here are Christian. Certain things you just shouldn't say when you're in certain positions.

One thing I do agree with... we are in BIG TROUBLE if Trump wins. I mean it's going to be BAD. I don't support Liberals in general, but I'd take a democrat over Trump ANY DAY. He's horrible.

ADDED: Not being born here makes you ineligible to be US president so the fact that it was and is in question by many people was a huge issue within itself. Many people claimed his birth certificate was faked etc. I really don't know so I never said so, but I can't recall the authenticity of one being in question before, but perhaps that's just bigotry again. Gordon merely asked for some of the reasons he is so widely hated, and I gave some of the ones I've heard. I don't agree with all of them, but I've heard them along the lines somewhere. And YES the amount of jokes etc. made against Michelle Obama is horrible.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Thanks Myra,
It's good to get an Americans perspective on this .
This is just a quick post to say , how can anyone be worse than George Dubya Bush Only Trump!

I believe that some of the policies that Obama wanted to legislate were blocked so it wasn't his fault he couldn't keep his promises.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Obama did have to fight with congress for every little thing, but he already knew lots of that stuff couldn't be done, it was all for popularity. Had some of the voters taken time to look, they'd have seen that too. They just wanted Bush to get the boot and NO WAY was a republican getting into office in THAT election.

I like the fact that the liberals aren't homophobes, the gay marriage thing is wonderful. Obama helped a ton with that. As for George W. Bush... ouch. Add in the fact that he was also a pure idiot, I mean actually unintelligent down to his core, I'm sure there's no way to make a worse president.

Trump is just repulsive all the way around but he isn't STUPID, he's just a douche, no offense to anybody. The hair, the skin, the silly faces he's always making, the offensive and racist statements, the absurd way he addresses things. Just so much NO going on there. And to think that HE is who the Americans like most so far. We're doomed!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2015, 03:02 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...yn-three-times

"Tory party member says he voted for Jeremy Corbyn … three times"

and this is the problem
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >