Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 07:07 AM

Weight Watchers or Slimming World??

Which one would you choose? And are they any good?

I want to lose about 2 stone (more really but I'd be happier with 2 stone off). they both have classes near me, with Slimming World tomorrow night at 5.30 or 7pm. I went to one years ago but didn't bother going back, then again I didn't have as much to lose as I do now

Thanks for any advice. xJx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 08:04 AM
WW has achoice of two diets, either adding points up as you go up to a daily limit or following a food list. Depends on whether you can exist without treats or not....

Slimming world works oin food combining.

I reckon either work it just depends on how you tend to eat.

WW fits in very well with a family as there are no sins/bad foods if you follow the points system, it`s just about moderation and exercise.It does not give out a bad messsage to any susceptible youngsters you may have.
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Slimming World, no doubt about it !!

I lost three stone with Slimming World a few years ago and my late hubby was amazed with what I could eat !

I never was a big eater, (it was the wrong combination of foods that I ate) he actually said to me, "You eat more on this diet than you did before" !

I lost 8lbs the first week, ( I always do lose a lot the first week) then 1lb the second week, then 4lbs, then 2lb.

That was 1 stone and 1lb lost in a month.

I went on to become a consultant myself and I loved doing the classes and see all my members' weight losses.

I carried on running the classes for a year after he passed away, because it gave me some focus, but in the end I packed it up because I didn't like coming back to an empty house at night after class.

If you do choose Slimming World, please feel free to pick my brains with anything, because I still switch to "Slimming World Consultants Mode" when my friends pick my brains (what's left of my brains that is !)

Good luck whatever.

Kind regards

Jill
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Thanks Fudgeley. I'm leaning towards Slimming World, as they appear to have a green diet which sounds better for vegetarians.
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks Radar! Sounds a great success I will take you up on that offer once I've been tomorrow night. Slimming World it is then
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 08:56 AM
I am another fan of Slimming World!

I have trouble eating all I am supposed to.

did I really say that?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 09:00 AM
niether...................weigh in once a week at boots and save £20 a month

count your own calories ( thats all your paying for ) do it with a mate or 2 its great to compete
I did it and lost 5 stones
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Iv heard slimming world is excellent. Im going alone with my weight loss (need to lose 40lbs!) and so far so good iv lost 8lbs in 5 weeks just by cuuting out the cr*p, drinking water and exersising.

Good luck with your diet! Maybe we could be slimming buddies!!
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
niether...................weigh in once a week at boots and save £20 a month

count your own calories ( thats all your paying for ) do it with a mate or 2 its great to compete
I did it and lost 5 stones
Much easier said than done for most people Inca.
You are very lucky to have the motivation to go it alone, without the support and encouragement of a group.

horses for course I think....me I prefer the social contact too
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 09:21 AM
see thats the thing some people find these meetings hard i know i did the plan was to loose a little weight before i went as i was a bit ashamed of how i looked ....there were 5 of us doing it so the motivaton was there ( who could do the best )

I do understand though some people like the meetings i like the meet up in town to weigh in and we all supported each other if say one didn't loose that week

whats works for some eh
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >