Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 12:35 PM

Just started slimming world..

...this morning & boy did i almost have a heart attack when I got on the scales...I've put almost 3 stone on since I moed down South and I ain't liking it

Watch this space cos no doubt I'll be ranting & raving at some point in the very near future lmao

Anybody else done it & had success?
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
...this morning & boy did i almost have a heart attack when I got on the scales...I've put almost 3 stone on since I moed down South and I ain't liking it

Watch this space cos no doubt I'll be ranting & raving at some point in the very near future lmao

Anybody else done it & had success?
I lost 2 and a half stone on slimming world a few years ago. Put it all back on again now though. Unless your gonna do it for the rest of your life its a complete waste of money. As soon as you stop doing it, you put all the weight back on.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 02:49 PM
This is a new one that doesnt cut out any foods (according to the SW leader anyway) its all about eating healthy & adopting a new lifestyle.....does it sound like its changed since you did it?

Its not that i don't eat healthily, i just eat too much
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
This is a new one that doesnt cut out any foods (according to the SW leader anyway) its all about eating healthy & adopting a new lifestyle.....does it sound like its changed since you did it?

Its not that i don't eat healthily, i just eat too much
Nah they fed me the same bull when I went I did weight watchers as well but couldn't get on with that one at all. I think it was the counting points that did my head on, found slimming world at easier and convienant.

Of course its about eating healthy and adopting a new life style, but I wouldnt wanna stay on their plan for the rest of my life, which imo is what they are stating you need to do to keep the weight off.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 04:46 PM
You have to be committed......

Baz lost 5.1/2 stone
I've lost 4 stone

It works!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post

Baz lost 5.1/2 stone
I've lost 4 stone

It works!
Agree, of cause you will put weight back on if you stop watching what you eat.

Personally I find slimming world one of the best, its all about healthy eating.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
Nah they fed me the same bull when I went I did weight watchers as well but couldn't get on with that one at all. I think it was the counting points that did my head on, found slimming world at easier and convienant.

Of course its about eating healthy and adopting a new life style, but I wouldnt wanna stay on their plan for the rest of my life, which imo is what they are stating you need to do to keep the weight off.
To be fair, I've just sat & gone through the plans/info/books I was given today...all I need to do is cut down my bread/butter & up the fruit & veg. I never have any fat on meat, rarely eat chips/crisps. I think it should suit me down to the ground

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post

Baz lost 5.1/2 stone
I've lost 4 stone

It works!
Well done both of you. Thats an amazing achievement!! I've set my target at just a stome & a half to start with. Then I'll move it once I reach it. I am more than determined to do this

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Agree, of cause you will put weight back on if you stop watching what you eat.

Personally I find slimming world one of the best, its all about healthy eating.
Thanks Jack, its a really good group too, they certainly like their laughs. I actually got talking about it with a girl who I was buying something off, I saw the poster in her window She has been going a year & has lost 5st 9lbs so far. She looks amazing to say the least!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 06:12 PM
hey you should join us here too
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=156316
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
hey you should join us here too
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=156316
Thanks Nat omg 27 pages I'll have a read through it all later on tonight xx
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah come join us on the general weight loss thread. I'm counting calories, fat and sodium in my attempts to lose weight and get healthy. I figure I'm happy to do that for the rest of my life since it means I don't have to cut anything at all out completely
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >