Originally Posted by rune View Post
Please stop tempting me!

rune

As Oscar wilde famously said "I can resist everything but temptation"
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Okay, so now we've had an example of a "Crufts Type Person" doing it wrong, when will we get the examples of the ones that do it right?

Or are the tabloids and authorities content to leave the impression that anyone involved with Crufts is capable of the same?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I quite agree with both of you, and I feel just as angry when either of your scenarios make the papers when they are found out. It's a horrible world sometimes

However, my point is that this sort of thing rebounds on the showing world's reputation whether you like it or not.
These people will be banned by the KC from everything under their jurisdiction, unlike the criminal court ! Anyone who owns a KC reg dog & has a criminal conviction for animal cruelty is banned by the KC
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Once again, the showing community have been let down by people who clearly don't care a jot about their dogs. The following is part of an article from the newspaper today:-

"A Crufts-winning mother and daughter kept 104 pet dogs in appalling and shocking squalor inside their tiny terraced home. Champion owners **** and ***** crammed dogs into filthy cages with no lighting, bedding or fresh water, a court was told.
Other dogs were injured or diseased and left in their own mess.
Officials who raided the house in Bradford found the animals were so neglected that 24 had to be destroyed. The pair pleaded guilty to 23 animal welfare offences at Bradford Crown Court.
Their show dogs, including Yorkshire Terriers and a dachshund have won awards every year at Crufts."

It makes me totally sickened to think that people like this are applauded in the show world - what on earth can be done to stop it happening again? Nothing I suspect, because what indication is there when a dog is paraded around Crufts, or any other show, that at home the conditions are beyond belief for all the other dogs.
104 dogs in a terraced house! OMG! That's just awful, poor things

I'm surprised they had the room to bath and prepare their dogs for crufts, they must have had to cover them in perfume to get rid of the stench even after they left their dirty home!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I am not quite sure why you are being so defensive about this Surely the point of this thread is that Crufts are trying to rebuild their rather tarnished reputation, and this sort of thing does it no good at all. I believe, as in many cases of child abuse, dog abuse, even murder - other people would have been aware of what was going on in this particular grim house. This couple were not recluses.

Presumably someone eventually blew the whistle on them, but why did it take so long? The dog world needs to be more willing to weed these people out at the earliest possible opportunity.
The KC WILL ban these two in the very near future, it is within the KC Rules & Regs that people convicted of animal cruelty is banned from all KC activities(& that include registering their dogs)

Crufts is only a dog show & not the biggest one in the UK, if these two had registered their dogs with another registry they would have no action taken against them by that registry as it is a commercial company only interested in making money by registering any dog/puppy without running any health screening schemes
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
The KC WILL ban these two in the very near future, it is within the KC Rules & Regs that people convicted of animal cruelty is banned from all KC activities(& that include registering their dogs)

Crufts is only a dog show & not the biggest one in the UK, if these two had registered their dogs with another registry they would have no action taken against them by that registry as it is a commercial company only interested in making money by registering any dog/puppy without running any health screening schemes

Excellent post
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Generally if you are done for cruelty you are banned from keeping dogs so you wouldn't have any to show!

I have a vague memory of somone who was banned for a period of time coming back into showing----but I can't remember properly. I'll have a hunt round when I get time---GSD's come to mind so maybe Jodee can remember?

rune
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Those poor poor dogs and 24 are now dead... those sick disgusting people.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Generally if you are done for cruelty you are banned from keeping dogs so you wouldn't have any to show!

I have a vague memory of somone who was banned for a period of time coming back into showing----but I can't remember properly. I'll have a hunt round when I get time---GSD's come to mind so maybe Jodee can remember?

rune
wasnt it a vet banned from breeding GSD's but still did? or is that another one
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
wasnt it a vet banned from breeding GSD's but still did? or is that another one
Might well be its just a vague memory!---the Newfie woman was banned for 5 years by the KC but I think that was overturned by some idiot judge in court!

Having said that why only 5 years?---it should be lifetime ban.

rune
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >