Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 11:27 AM

Slimming World - anyone else go??

Just curious really , Some of you know and some of you don't know but i was signed off with depression just before christmas and spent 5 weeks on the sick am still on Anti depressants and am going for counselling (I can talk about it now!! part of the getting better is being honest about it!) Anyway it made me have a good hard look at things that i wanted to change in my life and one of them is my weight, now those of you that know me, know i ain't a little Lizzy, partly due to an under active thyroid, and partly due to eating and drinking too much, so i joined slimming world and am thrilled to announce i have lost 13 1/2lbs in 4 weeks, Sarah joined me last week and i'm sure she won't mind me saying that she lost 5lb in her first week, our aim being that we are going to run up the big hill at TN before the end of the summer, instead of standing at the bottom saying we hate this hill!!, the theory behind sharing this with the worls is that it will help us keep it up, we're not saying how much we have to lose, but its enough

So does anybody else go?? got any recipe suggestions or tips, we're happy to share ours
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Baz and I do Slimming World. Baz has lost 5 stone 8 lbs and I've lost just over 3 stone.

Easy, innit?
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Baz and I do Slimming World. Baz has lost 5 stone 8 lbs and I've lost just over 3 stone.

Easy, innit?
A lot easier than i remember from the last time i tried it
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 01:52 PM
That's brilliant well done!! I've only ever heard good things about Slimming World. Do you know if you have to be over 18 to go?
My step daughter who has just come to live with us is very much over weight & not very tall which doesn't help. I thnk she has spent her life eating junk & although I'm giving her proper healthy home cooked meals now, she hasn't lost a single pound in the month she has been here. I'm trying to get her on the Wii fit too as she needs to lose around 4 stone - it's heartbreaking, she's only 14. She said she would like to go to something like slimming world but I don't know if she's old enough. She won't speak to the Dr about it either.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
That's brilliant well done!! I've only ever heard good things about Slimming World. Do you know if you have to be over 18 to go?
My step daughter who has just come to live with us is very much over weight & not very tall which doesn't help. I thnk she has spent her life eating junk & although I'm giving her proper healthy home cooked meals now, she hasn't lost a single pound in the month she has been here. I'm trying to get her on the Wii fit too as she needs to lose around 4 stone - it's heartbreaking, she's only 14. She said she would like to go to something like slimming world but I don't know if she's old enough. She won't speak to the Dr about it either.

I think she is as long as she has permission from her doctor and you go with her
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
I think she is as long as she has permission from her doctor and you go with her
Thanks Lizzy - maybe she will go to the Dr. if I tell her she needs his permission. I would go to the meetings with her too to support her, I've even offered her £5 in a jar for every pound she can lose to put towards new clothes.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 03:53 PM
I was on the brink of signing up just after Christmas because I really pigged out for 2 weeks. I have been eating Sainsbury's Fruit and Fibre for breakfast and lunch ever since and most of the Christmas podge has gone. It's not been a lot of fun but it keeps you very regular.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Younger people can go - we have a couple of school girls who go, but I'm not sure of their age.

Why don't you contact your local consultant - they are very helpful!