View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Puppy not well/with update @ post 18 (could it be a cruciate ligament problem ?)

Loki is 13 weeks old now and yesterday was not well Had jelly in his poo and high temp sleeping all day we took him the the vet last night and he was given some AB and something to bring his temp down.
He was really weak and couldn't stand he was better this morning but was dragging his back right leg we took him back the vet looked at it couldn't feel or see anything wrong said it was proberly joint pain from being unwell like when we have flu.
But bring him back monday if he is still not right and they will xray him.
He is fine in himself now back to eating and bothering the other dogs but still a bit weak on his back right leg.

I worrying now he has something wrong but can't thibk what he ould have done to injure himself.

R
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Lotsofus Loki may be feeling very weak after the infection. Maybe he has been laying on the leg in an odd way.

I would try not to worry too much and see how it goes.
Try to prevent Loki from jumping up and putting added pressure on the back leg if you can, and keep him warm, a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel may help.
I hope he is better soon
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Awwwww so sorry to read about poor Loki. I agree with Mini about the leg. I'm also wondering if it's a bad stomach pain which is making him use that leg differently, i.e. it might be affecting the leg in some way? I'm only saying this because when horses have bad colic, they tend to stretch their back legs out due to the pain? Just a thought.

I hope he improves now he's on the antibiotics over the week-end, poor little man.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Hoping you see an improvement with Loki x
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 05:02 AM
I hope Loki's health improves over the weekend.
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 07:15 AM
I hope Loki feels better real soon keep us posted
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2007, 07:32 AM
He is better to today in him self but the back leg is still not right. I think its his hip, he turns out his foot when he walks and when he sits down he turns it inwards

I guess It will be xray on monday. Really hope its nothing wrong with his hip maybe just sprained something (fingers crossed)
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2007, 08:23 AM
get well soon loki.

hope all goes well on monday
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Healing thoughts flying your way.......
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
He is better to today in him self but the back leg is still not right. I think its his hip, he turns out his foot when he walks and when he sits down he turns it inwards

I guess It will be xray on monday. Really hope its nothing wrong with his hip maybe just sprained something (fingers crossed)
Hi Lotsofus that doesn't sound so good, however if Loki was ok before the illness it may still be a temporary problem. Fingers crossed with warmth and rest things will improve by Monday.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »