View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Mine has never licked anyone in her life Have to say I really wouldn't mind if she did
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Depends what they have eaten or licked just previously, the cry don't let them lick you often goes up if they have had tripe ! But generally it doesn't bother us and all the kids have been licked thoroughly at various times. None of them seemed to catch as many colds or get sick like their dogless friends either.
s7eph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2014, 09:56 AM
I now have to wear pj's because my Fred will lick any bit of flesh he can find, and its worse at bedtime for some reason. Mind you i haven't had to have a bath for weeks LOL
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

26-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Loki will lick my hands but I have never encouraged her to lick other people, especially children She makes a meal of my hands though
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Depends what they have eaten or licked just previously, the cry don't let them lick you often goes up if they have had tripe ! But generally it doesn't bother us and all the kids have been licked thoroughly at various times. None of them seemed to catch as many colds or get sick like their dogless friends either.
There are studies that show that children who grow up with dogs develop less allergies and have in general a healthier immune system than children who don't live with dogs. I'm sure some of the licking would contribute to that!

Originally Posted by s7eph View Post
I now have to wear pj's because my Fred will lick any bit of flesh he can find, and its worse at bedtime for some reason. Mind you i haven't had to have a bath for weeks LOL
Whenever Shane puts on his football clothes Ella goes mad for his legs, especially his knees! I always say he doesn't even have to shower after football, Ella does that for him
I took a video of her the other day, Shane was just walking around the flat and Ella was following him, her tongue almost glued to his knees! It was quite hilarious.
I tend to get dressed very quickly after having a shower though
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by s7eph View Post
Haha! Thanks for the laugh
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't mind it one bit, and in fact our first dog Ben used to very thoroughly do my feet which was heaven........he also loved faces and would pin you down in order to properly get into every nook and cranny Bitz was not a licker, and Jimmi only does so on rare occasions.

For consenting adults I think it's fine, but I would never allow it with children - not for hygiene reasons, but because it just possibly could turn into something more dangerous if the child flapped around or otherwise excited the dog.
Calvin
New Member!
Male 

24-04-2014, 06:51 AM
My cousin brother has a pug. He often kisses him on his lips but I found it really yuck I mean how can somebody kiss the lips of a pet :/
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Calvin, i'm forced to agree. It's so disgusting, especially little children. When my dog does this, I almost totally panic like NO, don't let him lick you... it's gross!

But it won't hurt you or the children and I suppose that if people don't mind it, it's really not that big of a deal. I don't like it, but to the people that do... more power to them.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2014, 05:52 AM
Oh what the heck, yes they can lick me on the mouth, the cats do too, I see it as high compliment unless you have " "kitty cigar breath" in which case no you're not near my lips for awhile darlin'
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >