Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PomPom
New Member!
Male 

25-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Wheelchair for my dog

Hello everyone. I've recently taken on a new dog. The problem is he only has 3 legs and he keeps falling over. I'm thinking of building him a wheelchair so I can push him out on walks. Does anyone have any experiences of dogs in wheelchairs?

Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 01:29 PM
hi

i would go back to the vets with her,there is no reason a healthy wee dog would fall over because she has three legs,their may be something else going on.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi

i would go back to the vets with her,there is no reason a healthy wee dog would fall over because she has three legs,their may be something else going in.
Yeah - I've got a three legged cat and pretty much the only time she falls over is when she misjudges the leap onto the sofa and slides off the other side... flouncing on three legs is an art she mastered very early.

She's never had visible balance difficulties from the three legs though - and I've had her pretty much since before her fur had grown back from the amputation op over 8 years ago.

A leg injury to her now though is my worst nightmare.
PomPom
New Member!
Male 

25-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh I do hope there's nothing else wrong. She falls over about 10 times a day, but then the others are quite rough with her. I just want her to be able to go for walks and be free!!
PomPom
New Member!
Male 

25-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Yeah - I've got a three legged cat and pretty much the only time she falls over is when she misjudges the leap onto the sofa and slides off the other side... flouncing on three legs is an art she mastered very early.

She's never had visible balance difficulties from the three legs though - and I've had her pretty much since before her fur had grown back from the amputation op over 8 years ago.

A leg injury to her now though is my worst nightmare.
I have a feeling one of her other legs is dodgy and that's why she falls over. But if I take her to the vets they might put her down or call the ASPCA!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 02:27 PM
hmm, does your dog also change sex when it fall over
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I noticed that too

If the dog has only just been reduced to 3 legs, perhaps they are still adjusting to it hence falling over a lot? I have no idea or experience
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 02:31 PM

Classic!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Not only does he/she change sex, the dog lives on another continent to the OP.

Amazing!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Just so others don't waste their time answering what they think is a genuine post, seems OP has snagged "their" dog photos off the internet, so save your energy
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >