View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I made a pesto and pinenut loaf the other day in it - it was divine!
Sounds fab, think I will give that a go in my bread machine! Love homemade bread, eat way too much!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I had a go at making bread after my eldest son attended a days bread making course for fun. Did my hands in but liked the taste so forked out for a bread maker. I bought the Panasonic SD 256 WXC in January last year. Wonderful. I make about two loaves a week plus the odd panettone and saffron bread.

The time it takes to cook you can be doing other things so don't have to clock watch to knead and rest.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post

The time it takes to cook you can be doing other things so don't have to clock watch to knead and rest.
That's one of the big attractions, when i got home from a walk this afternoon I made soda bread, admittedly, these only take 40 mins from scratch, but how much better it would have been to come back to an already baked one.

BTW, Soda bread ( with sage ) and a good strong chedder, takes a lot of beating.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi Celli I don't have a bread maker but after years of making bread by hand I have invested in a Kenwood Mixer , more versatile than a bread maker.

How I wish I had bought one before, it is a joy to use and has taken all the hard work out of bread making. Also the results are consistent and I can make a wetter dough in the french style .

Below are bread sticks which my grandchildren love to eat with home made soup. I flavour them with parmesan cheese/olives/sun dried tomatoes .

These are wholemeal rolls (and cheese scones)

I use fresh yeast from the Bertinet Kitchen which comes by post in a cold pack, I chop it up and freeze it and it lasts a couple of months.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Those look amazing !....I especially LOVE cheese scones, I finally mastered making them without them coming out like rocks

You must still have to let bread rise though ?, so do you just leave it in the bowl and use the mixer to knock it back again ?

I've never tried baguettes, I do make foccacia, but I'm still working at getting the correct open texture, tastes great though.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
Those look amazing !....I especially LOVE cheese scones, I finally mastered making them without them coming out like rocks

You must still have to let bread rise though ?, so do you just leave it in the bowl and use the mixer to knock it back again ?

I've never tried baguettes, I do make foccacia, but I'm still working at getting the correct open texture, tastes great though.
Hi Celli yes you leave it to rise after it goes in the mixer, no knocking back though, gently ease out/roll/fold/shape as the french do .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2