Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Oh Jackie, I had no idea. So sorry you and your family are going through this. I certainly hope you all get the support you need and soon xx
Thank you wufflehoond
had a tough couple of weeks with her recently but hopefully she has listened to my advice and will soon be on the road to recovery
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
Thank you wufflehoond
had a tough couple of weeks with her recently but hopefully she has listened to my advice and will soon be on the road to recovery
I certainly hope you can all move forward now and that she recovers quickly. We're all here if you need us. xx
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
but what happens when the police or no one else will help as in my daughters case?

do i just let him kill her or her kill herself as he is making her life a living hell

she moved away and he followed her, she can never be free of this guy
but if he was dealt the same treatment maybe he would listen and stop doing what he is doing
cos in my book people who do this type of thing are bullys and will not stop unless someone else bullys them

i,m not a nasty person and doing nurse training atm so really hate to see people hurt
but how do you deal with a person like this when we can get NO help whatsoever????
I have no idea why the police are not able to help in this instance as I understand we now have laws to tackle stalking but I do not think your daughter would benefit if you took the law into your own hands and were consequently punished yourself.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I have no idea why the police are not able to help in this instance as I understand we now have laws to tackle stalking but I do not think your daughter would benefit if you took the law into your own hands and were consequently punished yourself.
Right, I feel I am no longer able to continue with this thread because I'm getting angry now.
What if this was your child? Sorry, done now.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Thank you wufflehoond

Hewey once again it is all about proving it
we have shown them the texts-they said there is nothing they can do as they are only idle threats
we know they ain,t!!

and as for the other incidents my daughter is far too scared to report them for fear of what he will do next

i cannot stand by and let him do these things to her
and a gentle word in his ear will be laughed at

so i really do not have a lot a of choice where this guy is concerned tbh
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:27 PM
I cannot see that taking the law into your own hands can benefit your daughter just to see you punished. Encouragement to feel strong enough to give all the information to the police, who I do feel will be sympathetic they have departments specifically devoted to this sort of crime, seems like the most beneficial course for both of you.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Jackie,
I'm so sorry to read about whats happened.
I'm glad to hear your daughter is on the road to recovery.

As a Parent myself i understand exactly where your coming from,

The Police in my opinion are next to useless,we were the victim of one sad individual last year,who stuck nasty letters to our windows,threw curry all over our car and then threw a brick through my rear window on the car.
He made threats against my husband myself and our children,two weeks before this he was warned because he threatned neighbours with a meat cleaver.

Advice from the police to us was keep yourself locked in the house while he was free to keep intimidating us,justice,i'm afraid there is none in this country it stinks!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:30 PM
we have been reporting stuff for the 6 years she was with him
nothing was done
she was told by one officer to get out of the relationship
she did that and it is still carrying on

sometimes the police are a waste of time but like i said i cannot stand by and let this guy kill or maine my daughter or her do something to herself

i will take any punishment as long as i still have my daughter
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Myself and my Family have had to put up with nasty aggressive Neighbours who went out of their way to make our lives a misery especially mine and they all had a clique of Friends in the street and you didn't stand a chance.
None of the other Neighbours would stand against them as has been said before the threat of bricks through your window doesn't tend to make people want to stand against bullies thats all they are.On many occassions I had threatened to thump her or her kids yes it probably was wrong I never actually did but when it starts to affect your well being sometimes you feel it is the only option,my OH who is the quietest mild mannered person you could wish to meet threatened her over the fence when she was being abusive to me and she didn't know he was down the garden he told her to shut up go indoors or he would wrap the fork for gardening round her head it did the trick for that day anyway.Another time he threatened he had a base ball bat behind the front door different incident altogether and the man left promptly because he wasn't sure if he did or not.Sometimes you are pushed into making these remarks whether you like it or not.
As for breaking up a fight I like to think I would step in and help trouble is you never know until you are faced with a situation but I tend to think if it was one of my Family being attacked I would hope someone would help them so would like to think I would do the same myself.
Jackie I am so sorry to hear about your Daughter and would be the same and want to stop this person no-one these days seems to take this very serioulsy I really hope you get the support you and your Daughter deseve.
Being a parent I would be the same would have to do something about him our love for our children far outweighs any punishment we might be faced with.Maybe I will cause another problem by saying this,OH reckons we never win the lottery because if people in these awful situations needed a hit man he would pay for one.This is a nice kind caring person who wouldn't hurt a fly but feels some people and their bullying are a waste of space.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Right, I feel I am no longer able to continue with this thread because I'm getting angry now.
What if this was your child? Sorry, done now.
If it was my child I would do the same as I am urging Jackiew to do.
I could get equally angry with peoples hotheaded responses but the fact is having a different view of how things should be handled does not mean you care any differently or don't have the same desire for peoples lives to be better.
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »