Female 

16-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Surely you can't move everytime something like this happens
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
In an ideal world......... But I'd say most people in this country DON'T expect the police to do anything... because we've become used to there absence

Vote for me
Sadly, this is true. If the police did their job properly - "Protect and Serve" - this thread wouldn't even be here.
As they are incapable, for one reason or another (and not necessarily their fault), then I, for one, will take whatever steps are necessary to protect those I love.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 07:40 PM
honestly i wouldn't want to its like running away in stead of dealing with the problem, some thing no one should be force to do.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
If you move and they pick on someone else and they move and so on ... and this cycle continues, what happens then? You end up with thug-rule?
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

In an ideal world......... But I'd say most people in this country DON'T expect the police to do anything... because we've become used to there absence

Vote for me
at last !!!! thank you ian!!! my bestest pal!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Of course not ! What if you can't afford to move? What then?
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:43 PM
ok so what if you've done nothing wrong and your life had been made hell,and that of your children - why should you move????
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 07:45 PM
i guess to take control and stop it, but then you shouldn't be forced into a situtation where you need to move.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:45 PM

Vote for me
Indeed. This used to be a reasonable area but we have had a lot of trouble with youths recently.

Numerous calls to the police, one by a neighbour who had both his cars seriously (and expensively) vandalised have not been successful in bringing out ONE officer. I was told, on both occasions I rang, that there was nobody available.

Yet one morning, a couple of months ago, they managed to send out TWELVE officers to walk around the area checking on tax discs and rubbish.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I think that explains an awful lot. Not trying to demean the fact, but there is a gut instinct in mothers and parents in general that make them react the way they do. It's why this thread has become heated in parts.

Perhaps now we can calmly agree to disagree?
I find that extremely patronising. Of course I appreciate that parents are protective of their children and of course I understand that is why people get heated but that does nothing to alter the fact that you cannot run a countries justice system fairly by allowing them to respond in a gut fashion.
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »