Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Just Large Breed Science plan and nothing else.

(sorry sometimes she gets a bit of 'Iams gravy for puppys' mixed in with her evening meal )
Have you tried to feed raw, it really binds up the bowels.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Charcoal biccies are very good for their digestion, so they might help, but what about giving Roxy some live yoghurt??? There's too much gas in her system, and I think live yoghurt might help sort her guts out??? Just a thought I know when Cassie's tummy is rumbling at night it's a bit upset and it's always when I've run out of yoghurt that day and she hasn't had any???? Try it, it might help. Any advice for a "man" problem with this????
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2007, 02:23 PM
My ole Jess used to love those charcoal biccies... never made a blind bit of diference to the "wind whiffs" she dropped at the other end though I'm afraid
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Georgie is the king of wind!!!

I got him charcoal biscuits but he crunched them into a thousand pieces and left the bits round the floor....don't think he liked them much
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
You can also buy charcoal granules which you can put on their food.

These do work very well.
Got some for a friends dog who was very windy and smelly with it.
Its Activated charcoal, thats the important bit.
Many general charcoal *coloured* biscuits dont contain Activated charcoal so those wont make a difference to windy doglets.
The granules sorted the doglets wind brilliantly, [ though had he been on a different food he probably would not have been windy anyway, still working on getting the owner to change foods, I`ll get there one day - probably when they run out of granules ]
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Where can I get soem granuals from then? which part are they found? with the medicine?

Helen - people keep saying natural yougurt but i can never find it everything I see is branded and flavoured? am I looking for a particular make?

Luz - not sure I could be a 'raw' person.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 06:37 AM
A pet supplies cash and carry type place near me stocks it but they are not a national chain - if you have trouble finding any in your area I`d be happy to get some and post it for you :smt001
Don`t know if PAH has it but if they do it would probably be in the supplements area [ breath stuff / skin preparations / flea treatments etc ].
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Where can I get soem granuals from then? which part are they found? with the medicine?

Helen - people keep saying natural yougurt but i can never find it everything I see is branded and flavoured? am I looking for a particular make?

Luz - not sure I could be a 'raw' person.
At the moment I'm using Activia "Cereal" and it's difficult to get? Sainsbury's do it, but not Tesco or anywhere else, not the Cereal one that is, and it's just plain bio-yoghurt with cereal no fruits. Apart from those, if I'm in Tesco I get the small tubs 23p or a massive big one of their "BIO" yoghurt, the word Bio tells you it's live and cultured (unlike me Lol!!!) Just look for the words "Bio" or "Pro-biotic" or "live cultures" and they always, always do a plain one, but it's usually in a great big pot!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 01:09 PM
and do I feed her this seperatly? instead of a meal? or mixed with her meal?

thanks patch - I will give the yougurt a go first and if no success i#ll contact you about geting some granules
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 01:38 PM
I mix it with her food coz she has to have this special powder on her food which sort of burns her mouth so I'm trying to disguise that.The Activia Cereal is really, really creamy and yummy and if I use the other stuff she gives me a complaining look! I would try Roxy with some on it's own first, say a tablespoon on a plate, and if she likes it then, all well and good mix it in with her food, she'll enjoy it even more, especially if it's that Activia one! I have never had a dog which doesn't like yoghurt, even the live stuff. I'm sure it will do her a power of good, it will settle her digestive system right down therefore making your life a bit sweeter too!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >