Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2019, 07:10 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 15th October, 2019

Good morning everyone, I think we might get a dry day today, fingers crossed. I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Harvey hope you and Kelly continue to progress.

Have a good day all, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2019, 07:27 AM
Good morning okra and all who follow

Bright but damp underfoot after heavy rain yesterday evening and night. Taking a chance to go to a garden centre this morning as I would like to get some primulas while on offer to brighten up the bottom of the garden

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Started off fairly nice looking but now looking very doubtful so guessing more rain. Bloomin nuisance I have a load of washing in.

Hope you get to the garden centre Sue.

No reply from our nemesis until a short while ago and not replying to Gorden but messaged me. do I need him to come and do the gates.
I was very polite and said no thank you gorden did them at the weekend but we would appreciate the bits we have paid for and not yet received yet.
Gone silent lets see what happens. Apparently he didn't message yesterday due to it raining. Sounded like he was saying he cannot message because of the rain.

We will be putting the accessories on the gate today and doing the feather edge fence.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Morning all and those to follow. Lynn I really think you should make sure you get what you are owed otherwise he will do the same to others. Disgraceful man. Sun is shining and have been for my first walk of the day and bumped into a lady that is having problems with her three cavaliers. Mum and son and daughter that she kept. Gave her my name but I doubt she will call. Have a good day peeps.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Good morning all. The weather is overcast here have taken the plunge and put the bedding out...hey ho.

My central heating controller has lost its L.E.D cost of a new one £125 rang my central heating company who service and installed and as I am on the Gold plan apparently I get a free replacement and a man coming out to synch" it with the boiler. Reported it before my holiday chap coming tomorrow. Cost of Gold service plan £99 a year.

Got a bit of a sore throat but no where near as bad as yesterday.

Moyra Same to you stay warm and safe.

Sue That's a lovely idea I love primulas. Brighten the Autumn days.

Lynn Hope he brings the bits and pieces, be good when its complete and Dillon can go out the front.

BrendaHope the lady contacts you. Have you considered restarting your training club?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2019, 10:05 AM
In conversation re phones now brenda.
How lovely to meet the dogs.
That plan is worth the money Kazz. Hope the sore throat gets better soon.

He was moaning about he wants the cash then for some bolts or something. Well how ridiculous we got a 6 ft gate and paid as far as we know for a 7 ft gate, Gorden had to buy another 15 screws of which he is moaning about he needs the cash for as we were that many missing.
Gorden has told him to keep the change from the £20 cash he was given last Wednesday for the post and post crete and we should be even.
he says he is going on holiday tomorrow so will try to get them round before he goes.
Not holding my breath.

brenda Gorden will do something about it maybe small claims it is only £75 plus the £££'s we have had to spend to get the bits not with us to make sure we had them to finish the job. Small claims will cost us £25 to do online it's not so much about the money but the principle of the whole thing the dare I say it lies (excuses ) about why he couldn't come on the days he said he would be here to do the jobs.
Stressed me out big tome in the end.
So we shall see.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Lynn, I would deffo do the small claims! You know the situation with next door and that is about stopping bullies from continuing to walk over people, it's costing thousands but we hope they have learnt a lesson and I hope your man realises he can't do as he pleases...he is either not cut out for business or just thinks he can do what he likes
Brenda... hope the lady calls, would do you the world of good I think
Kazz, hope you get your heating sorted
Enjoy the garden centre Sue
Moyra, I am doing o.k thank you
Neighbour just returned my hammer with a tin of shortbread to say thanks...bless her
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Awwww that's nice griff.

Yes well under the circumstances and the way he has behaved we are bit surprised he was arguing about the price of some screws. Plus the fact to make sure the job is done we have had to fork out twice.
Me I would of just returned the bits or cash and kept my head down.
I can do a lot of damage locally if I wanted to people are often asking for recommendations on our next door site.
If he contacted anyone offering his services I could warn them off.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Apparently he didn't message yesterday due to it raining.

Haha that's a new one on me Can't use my phone because it's raining.

Could have used that one when I was stuck on a mountain top in Wales trying to install radio links for the Police. We didn't just have rain clouds above, we were IN the rain clouds
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2019, 12:28 PM
We nearly wet ourselves Harvey. Yoof of today huh.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >