Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2019, 06:33 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 11th October, 2019

Good morning friends, I trust you and your lovely four legged friends are all fit and well.

Harvey and Kelly hope you are feeling better today.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2019, 07:19 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very wet and windy through the night and not to good out there now. Stopped raining but very grim so expecting more rain at some point.

brenda I know we will be losing some money but we would rather just get the gates up now. Solid and secure for when Dillon comes out the front with us, the metal fencing and gate were good and served a purpose but if he had seen a cat and decided to go he could easily of knocked it all down and the children who like to say hello to him leant on it and it wasn't secure enough for us to be able to turn our backs and get on with a job. The farm gates are very sturdy.
So we just want them up now regardless of if we have to pay for some things twice. Biggest and hardest posts to get in are in and we have the gates and the majority of the ironmongery so what we will save in not paying him to finish the job we shouldn't be any worse off.
It is frustrating and annoying and yes it has stressed me out considerably but I am settled now as we have the gates etc., and Gorden can finish the job if needed.
Also Michael lands in UK tomorrow and although we will only see him for tomorrow evening and some of Sunday morning nothing is going to spoil that for me. We are all gathering at the local Indian restaurant tomorrow so I will have all my boys with me for the evening and Lauren to.
How are you and how is OH doing ?

griff and Harvey I also hope you are doing well and no more spying on you griff.

Hope everyone else and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2019, 07:27 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Oh dear Lynn not good business practice and no doubt he will soon be out of work as his reputation spreads. You are lucky you have Gorden as I expect there is someone out there waiting for a job to be done and no help at hand. Enjoy your time with the family over the weekend and don't let this worry you.

Dull, wet and windy out there this morning but have managed our walk without getting too wet and blown away

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2019, 07:31 AM
Morning Sue yes good job Gorden can turn his hand to anything when needed as you say if elderly or on your own needing a job done I would think you would of pulled most of your hair out by now.
Definitely won't be letting this spoil my weekend we are in the stronger position now we have the gates.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Lynn
I have one of these to make post holes. Heavy but a brilliant tool.

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Good afternoon all.

We've been lucky this morning as we have dodged the showers. They kindly came down while we were undercover so we stayed dry.

Called to get our meds on way back and oh boy what a cuffuffle. First they couldn't find mine so that took a good 10 minutes then they gave me someone else's prescription instead of other half's. Ah well. It did all get sorted out in the end
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2019, 01:16 PM
That looks good Barry but we won't be needing one of those as the worst holes are done.

Goodness Chris seems incompetence is everywhere.
Gorden rang our man and told him gates need to be on by this evening. Said he was coming later but hasn't got the latch yet or wheel, haven't arrived seems odd as supposedly everything ironmongery wise was ordered at same time as gates.
Gorden has said no problems he will sort those when he drops them round just come and get the gates on.
I suppose he hasn't bought them yet.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Thanks for asking Lynn and yep incompetence is every where. Hubby as you know had to go to the hospital a month ago now because of a severe reaction to tablets that were given to him for a uti. Well the surgery phoned today because he still has one. I am sure this has been caused by the op that he had to have. Anyway when they phoned they were only going to give him the same tablets to which I said no he needs the other ones. I gave them the name of them and they said they will change them and he can pick them up from the chemist tomorrow. Goodness why don't they listen to those that know what has been going on. I just wish it was all sorted out. Which it should have been by now if only they had listened two months ago. Ah well moan over I hope. Have a good evening peeps.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Oh dear brenda it seems hopeless nowadays for anyone to listen. It can really get on your wick.
Hope it all gets sorted asap for you and OH.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Oh well that's done it another no show after Gorden explicitly telling him gates needed to go on this afternoon/early evening.
He did message to say sorry he didn't make it but could do tomorrow 6.30 when his OH is back to look after the children.
Gorden has said he will be doing them tomorrow and when can he drop the stuff off that is needed. He did his usual defensive response don't lets get like that what did you want me to do bring my kids round and do them in the rain.
Gorden replied you agreed to be round today to do the gates you didn't and unless you mean 6.30 tomorrow morning I will be doing them.
Whether we get the other stuff we do not know we are guessing not but we won't be paying him so that will more than cover those costs.
Stupid fella has over committed himself and then gets angry when people start giving him the flick.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >