Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2019, 06:51 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 23rd September. 2019

Good morning everyone, Choked up with catarrh this morning Beconaise doesn't seem to clear it . Hope you are all fit and well this morning. Harvey hope you are feeling much better now too. Hopefully, all our four legged friends are all ok as well

Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2019, 06:59 AM
I think the green is marijuana?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all who follow.
Bright and breezy today.

Yep green is marijuana. Used in the right context medically it is good and as long as it it isn't the stuff grown a lot now called skunk. That is the train that has been developed and used by drug dealers a lot and messes with your mind. Not that I have ever smoked it. I do take an interest in these things for medicinal purposes though and reading up on it.
We do take the cannabidiol which is is cannabis but without what is called the THC that is the thing that gets you high. The oil without it is good stuff and you can buy varying strengths but that will not get you high.

Well Dillon has a bad leg. He was limping on his way home yesterday from the parks overdid it. Right leg.
He was resting in the garden and a cat run along Wendy's shed roof off he went skidded on the gravel and then started limping on his left leg. Took ages to get his food down him with the anti inflammatory in but after we did he started to ease up.
He was much better this morning so we decided a short walk so it didn't seize up would be good, he got on the bed to wait for us and Gorden moved and he jumped off and done his leg in again.
So very short stroll, do his business and home. Hoping the anti inflammatory works quickly for him along with lots of rest.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2019, 08:04 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

poor Dillon hope the medication kicks in quickly.

Lovely morning here. Sister and cousin here today so have been busy preparing the veg. Waiting for a bit before I hoover so coffee time and catch up time

Hope all are well especially you Harvey and Griff

Have a good day and stay safe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Lynn have you tried hot and cold compress over the day for Dillon? CBD oil is used for epilepsy as well. I use homeopathic cannabis for back ache. Works really well. I was giving helpful hints to another lady with a labrador that has intermittent limps and advised turmeric. Off to do the usual housework. Have a good day all. Tears are always there when I think of my beautiful Tyto Lynn.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Good morning all.

Well there you go you live and learn; thanks for the heads up and information ladies. Not much going on here today as off work need to get my hair cut and sort out some holiday stuff. Also clean the paintwork down as well maybe continue on my furniture moving attempting new placements (oh that sounds grand)

Lynn Hope Dillon has some improvement; also sorry not sure if I missed the reply but are youir son and his partner moving house? and how is your grandson getting on?

Griff Have a good day. How is Steve's job hunting going?

Brenda Thank you, have you had any further thoughts on a holiday/break?

Moyra Oh dear that sounds uncomfortable, hope it clears.

Sue Hope you got your lads driving licence sorted and when does he start his new job; any more plans for another long break?

Chris How is your hubby doing? and what happened to the café owners tables, did they get a resolution?

Right off I go into the wild blue yonder...…………..
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2019, 09:42 AM
Morning all
Kazz, thanks for asking, Steve is looking at going part time and then doing his window cleaning on the days he is off. He looked at being a traffic warden but he can't manage all the walking... something will come up but he has seen someone about his mental health, she is of the opinion he is depressed and suffering with stress and anxiety. He has 2 weeks off so hopefully I can get him back in at the Drs.... work have been absolutely no help, won't even give him a referral to occupational health... which as far as I am aware is illegal but I will sort that one out!
Very much a fan of cannabis for health reasons, I know someone who has a relative with incurable cancer...they are doing cannabis oil, however it is the one with the thc which is the one that can kill cancer, a lot of her family aren't pleased but the lady will die so why not try and fingers crossed it works for her.
I am doing o.k thanks Sue, a lot of medical appointments coming up but hopefully things will be o.k
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Kazz

Sue and I have another long break next year. Already booked and additional day excursions as well

link
https://www.vikingrivercruises.co.uk...est/index.html

this week
today- relativs of Sue coming
tomorrow = dentist
wednesday= DVLA eye test
Thursday = nothing planned as yet
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lynn, the cannabis oil used for epilepsy has to have the THC which is why it is very slow at becoming available through the NHS. Without the THC it has very limited effect. It's something we've looked at in detail, but have decided against for Gary until the doctors are more convinced.

Dave is back to about 95% better now Kazz, thanks for asking. He does have a flair up of stomach problems about once a week though. As he says, he's lucky to be here so a bit of stomach trouble is a small price to pay.

Griff, Steve's doctor should be able to refer him to occupational health.

Quite a nice morning here. Not quite as warm as yesterday, but not bad at all.

It's Rosie's 8th birthday today so a lot of extra sniffing allowed and an extra piece of sausage for her this morning
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Chris, she gave Steve a print out of his medical history and put on it that he needs a referral to occupational health..... it's done through work ( it's not occupational therapy he needs) his boss has given him a phone number which led to another phone number which led to him being told to go back to the Dr who has said he needs to tell work again that he needs a referral to occupational health...if it doesn't get done this time, I will call employee services myself and if that comes up as a dead end I will email the CEO and inform them of their companies duty of care to him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >