10-06-2011, 04:52 PM
licenced breeders bring revenue
So who's going to stop them....
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I thought there was a law stating that unless you own your own home, council and rented properties are only allowed the maximum of 3 dogs.

And I know of two people who have more than 3 dogs - about 5 more each and have had the RSPCA called out yet nothing has been done?

In that article you posted Murf - they needed more pictures - and more room left for the imagination in the writing, the pictures would back up the writing and in the individual reading it - make the act worse - not that it isn't a horrendous thing to do anyway.
Council houses or housing association housing is supposed to be a maximum of 2 but if you acquire more after already having lived there a while the council will often turn a blind eye provided the dogs aren't causing a nuisance, housing association tend to be more strict and will generally kick you out for going over the limit if someone reports you and you aren't prepared to get rid even if the dogs aren't causing a nuisance.

Private rented is down to the individual landlord/lady. I moved into my last private rented property with 3 dogs and my current one with 4 dogs.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I thought there was a law stating that unless you own your own home, council and rented properties are only allowed the maximum of 3 dogs.

And I know of two people who have more than 3 dogs - about 5 more each and have had the RSPCA called out yet nothing has been done?......................
Some councils did try to treat people with 5 or more dogs as living commercial properties, one council tried to make a home owner apply for change of use to a breeding kennels, even though he didn't own an entire breed-able bitch ! he refused & the whole 5 dog rule ofr any dog owner seems to have died a death.

The number of dogs owned by tenants of rented properties is governed by whoever is the landlord, some councils allow 2, some none, some aren't bothered
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
A piece in the Mail..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-cruelty.html
Absolutely horrific
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3