Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2010, 02:46 PM

Hungarian Vizsla

Not a great pic and she was freezing cold as mum had her waiting whilst I was talking to the postman and it's snowing here with a bitter wind so she's a bit tucked up, now sprawled on the sofa lovely and warm

Be as harsh and honest as you can please, picked up straight away that she's splaying a bit with her front feet, yet from the front she is very straight, will post another pic from the front later.

General Appearance
Medium-sized, of distinguished appearance, robust and medium boned.

Characteristics
Lively, intelligent, obedient, sensitive, very affectionate and easily trained. Bred for hunting fur and feather, pointing and retrieving from land and water.

Temperament
Lively, gentle-mannered and demonstratively affectionate, fearless and with well developed protective instinct.

Head and Skull
Head lean and noble. Skull moderately wide between ears with median line down forehead and a moderate stop. Skull a little longer than muzzle. Muzzle, although tapering, well squared at the end. Nostrils well developed, broad and wide. Jaws strong and powerful. Lips covering jaws completely and neither loose nor pendulous. Nose brown.

Eyes
Neither deep nor prominent, of medium size, a shade darker in colour than coat. Slightly oval in shape, eyelids fitting tightly. Yellow or black eye undesirable.

Ears
Moderately low set, proportionately long with a thin skin and hanging down close to cheeks. Rounded ‘V’ shape; not fleshy.

Mouth
Sound and strong white teeth. Jaws strong with perfect, regular and complete scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws. Full dentition desirable.

Neck
Strong, smooth and muscular; moderately long, arched and devoid of dewlap.

Forequarters
Shoulders well laid and muscular, elbows close to body and straight, forearm long, pasterns upright.

Body
Back level, short, well muscled, withers high. Chest moderately broad and deep with prominent breast bone. Distance from withers to lowest part of chest equal to distance from chest to ground. Ribs well sprung and belly with a slight tuck-up beneath loin. Croup well muscled.

Hindquarters
Straight when viewed from rear, thighs well developed with moderate angulation, hocks well let down.

Feet
Rounded with toes short, arched and tight. Cat-like foot is required, hare foot undesirable. Nails short, strong and a shade darker in colour than coat, dewclaws should be removed.

Tail
Customarily docked.
Docked: Customarily docked by one third of length. Moderately thick, rather low set. When moving carried horizontally.
Undocked: Rather low set. Moderately thick, slightly curved. Tapering towards the end, reaching to hocks. When moving carried horizontally.

Gait/Movement
Graceful, elegant with a lively trot and ground-covering gallop.

Coat
Short, straight, dense, smooth and shiny, feeling greasy to the touch.

Colour
Russet gold, small white marks on chest and feet, though acceptable, undesirable.

Size
Height at withers: dogs: 57-64 cms (221/2-25 ins); bitches: 53-60 cms (21-2311/2 ins). Weight: 20-30 kgs (44-66 lbs).

Faults
Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.

Note
Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.

Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-02-2010, 06:23 PM
A Lovely girl, how old is she in the pic, still very much a baby, so critique will be based on this.

Over all a nice girl, nice flat skull , nice and wide between the ears, good length to ears, cant really see her lips/mouth be looks to have a good coverage of lip not to much and not to little.. good stop and length of muzzle. from what I can see, cant she her eye.

seems to have a good length of neck, but again still a baby and not all things in right place yet.

Loks a little roached back, but could be the way she is standing, as you say a little splayed, in front, so really cant get a good look at feet, but look Ok, from the back feet look nice and tight.

Shoulder looks good, but cant judge properly as cant see the front view... depth of chest looks a little lacking, but again she is only a baby and the stance is not helping.

Looks a little to over angulation behind, but overall v.good.

A lovely girl, and hopefully will mature well, all the right attributes, just needs to mature.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks Jackbox, is the pic below a better one to judge her on?

She's 15 weeks old, we only got her two days ago.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Can't critique as I don't really know the breed all that well, but just had to say.....

Ooohh my, how CUTE!
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Oh yes!! Having pulled the beady eye off of my beagle slipper she's now laid beside me snoring... bless
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

18-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Thanks Jackbox, is the pic below a better one to judge her on?

She's 15 weeks old, we only got her two days ago.
Still a bit splayed in her stance, she seems ot be a little leggy for her age, she looks to be standign up hill in that one.

What breeding is she, did I miss how you came by her.

Are you planning to show her,
roxi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2010, 08:00 PM
We have a Viz that we show...best of luck with her she is gorgeous!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

18-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Can't critique as I don't really know the breed all that well, but just had to say.....

Ooohh my, how CUTE!
Cant argue there, next to a Boxer puppy, the Vissi pup is just so

All the loose skin and soulful eyes ..I adore them... nothing like a litter of 9 vissi pups jumping all over you.

My friend breed ans shows, she has 8 9 at the moment, she has just taken a 12 mth old boy in (he is on his 4th home) he is not one of hers, just got wind of him needing a new home, as his next stop was going to be the dogs home... so she has taken on the job of finding him a good home, he is adorable, and settled in with her gang like a trooper.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Still a bit splayed in her stance, she seems ot be a little leggy for her age, she looks to be standign up hill in that one.

What breeding is she, did I miss how you came by her.

Are you planning to show her,
Splayed as in her hind legs? If so, I think that's me and not her conformation.

We were planning on showing her this summer as she is obviously too young to work at the moment
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

18-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Splayed as in her hind legs? If so, I think that's me and not her conformation.

We were planning on showing her this summer as she is obviously too young to work at the moment
Just a little over stretched, her front legs need to be a little more in unison..

Bt she is a lovely girl, so you are going to work her too..

Where did you get her from, (sorry just being nosey)

P.S , you will be smitten with the bred, and wonder why you did not take the plunge long ago, a fabulous alround breed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >