Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2020, 04:30 AM

Daily Thread ~Wednesday 8th July

Good morning everyone

Pleased everything is ok Kelly although you are bored.

Good that glasses were fixed Chris

Up early as Ben was meant to be working today. He has an online interview this morning so had applied for a day's annual leave but didn't know if it had been granted when I went to bed. Told him to leave me a note if he wasn't going in, no note, so up early incase only to find out he has the day off. Going to walk Teazle before the rain sets in

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2020, 05:06 AM
Morning Sue I to am awake early so have put washing on as I dry it indoors. So pleased it is raining as did lots of weeding yesterday so the ground looks lovely. Have a good day Sue and everyone else. To mooch is also to wander about listlessly from boredom. or a beggar or scrounger.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2020, 07:04 AM
Good morning everyone, take care and have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2020, 07:19 AM
Morning Sue, brenda, Moyra and all to follow.
Very overcast and drizzling, our walk this morning was the shortest yet. Dillon was out the gate over the road, down the lane back up the road, cross over turn round and home. A few sniffs and wees. 5 minutes I reckon today now on the sofa.

Sue grrrrr I bet you were not best pleased. Hope the interview goes well for Ben.
Hope you're feeling better soon Moyra.
Good job you gardened yesterday brenda.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2020, 09:53 AM
Just hope the ground stays soggy tomorrow makes it easier to pull out weeds. Just been for a walk didn't get wet. Posted a letter just hope they collect from postbox and that the stamp was enough. Have a good day all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2020, 02:42 PM
Hi everyone
Gosh it's been miserable here today, cold and persistant drizzle, not really rain but still feels wet Dogs walked in Knettishal forrest but they are now inside, they usually lie on the grass outside after their walk but not today

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
To mooch is also to wander about listlessly from boredom. or a beggar or scrounger.

Thanks Brenda, by the way the stamp duty cut on house purchases should give a bit of a boost the market so do 'hang on in there' as others have said there will be a buyer for your place come along soon, I hope so anyway.

Sue - I think we are near the end of the strawberries for this year, I'll be picking a few latter today (if it dries up) and then that'll be it. How are yours doing ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Harvey, it's been a manky day today here...all drizzly and nasty, hopefully picking up towards the end of the week
Ooooo, yeah, that's a good point Harvey, yeah Brenda...you might be inundated with offers now!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2020, 09:18 PM
What is stamp duty? Doesn't it depend on how much the property is? I've know idea?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-07-2020, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
What is stamp duty? Doesn't it depend on how much the property is? I've know idea?

It's the tax buyers pay when they buy a house, the starting point has been raised to £500,000 so unless your house is selling for above that amount your buyer will not have to pay stamp duty.