Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
There is no breed that I am not allowed, but many I would not own!
Same here!!
Thankfully we all adore the setters and pointers and gundogs in general!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm not allowed any My parents have said no more pets once Jobie dies.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2011, 06:31 PM
I wasn't allowed a GSD which was the breed I would have had if I wasn't with Steve. Yet we get quite a few GSDs staying with us and he loves them since he'd never ever had a dog before he had the same annoying prejudices a lot of people have with GSDs...that they're temperamental, dangerous and would bite you rather than look at you soon sorted him out

So I ended up with my big white GSD-looking Northern Inuit! Lol and he immediately said I could have another!

ETA: My parents said if I get another dog I wont be allowed to visit so I guess that's both set of parents we'll never have to see again my in-laws HATE dogs and wont even let Kiba in their garden so we can visit. So we don't visit.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I rely on my Mum to have the dogs during the day and if I go on holiday she looks after them. There are many breeds she wouldnt look after for me because she doesnt trust them and all are the bull breeds and breeds that have aggressive images such as dobies, GSD's etc.

When I took on Kai, a rescue Doberman, the first thing she said was "i'm not having him for you".

However, if I had a breed she disliked from a pup then she might feel differently or if I really wanted one I would make alternative arrangements for that dog.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:22 PM
...... my answer is no

..but i wouldnt let my ex bring a staffie in... sorry guys
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:21 PM
no one will ever tell me what dogs I can/cant have
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Since I don't live my OH anymore he has no say in any animal i get but tbh he was never really bothered he doesn't really like little dogs and I prefer big dogs and bull breeds so we were fine really

My mum won't look after Milo when he's fully grown as I have a 3 year old sister and she doesn't trust him with her. And she said if I get a Rottie/GSD/Dobe/Mastiff I can't bring them round and she'll only visit if they're locked in another room
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Nothing I`m not allowed , some I wouldn`t choose to have!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I think so long as I got my OH a BC some day, I'll be ok!

Hes not a massive fan of small dogs (well he is 6'4"!!) but theres nothing I haven't heard him say "Your not having that!!". He has even encouraged the idea of me getting another rescue GSD at some point when we have more space

I would love a labrador, rotti, gsd at some point he is fine with that. Hopefully as our fist dog we are going to have a greyhound or lurcher type as we both feel they would slot into our lives perfectly for now.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 12:45 PM
There are quite a few breeds that OH doesnt like but I know for a fact that he would not stop me getting any of them if that is what I wanted. I am not spoiled just have an OH who believes 'life is too short............'
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >