View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:56 AM
in my house (live with nana) im not allowed a big dog she doesnt want big dogs in the house... which is why i have the cresteds, big dogs in a little body

my uncle wants a dog as living with nana hes always grown up with them, but his girlfriend wont have anything that hunts animals so he isnt allowed a beagle, which he wants, or a terrier of some kind. what a ridiculous rule

however when i move in with the OH this year (fingers crossed) he isnt fussed at what dogs we have. he likes all dogs and sees a dog as a dog and he doesnt mind what breed we have. so bring on my cute squishy boxer puppy
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Clive put his foot down when I said I wanted a poodle...a standard one at that, he said he wasn't walking out with a "poofy" dog like that. I know there will be backlash, but they are his sentiments not mine, I love the poodles and thought it would stop any moaning about dog hairs.

Anyway, he is now a convert and adores English Setters and won't have anything other than those Till I work my charms on him and we get our Irish Setter too, that is
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I can't have a german shepherd The next door neighbour is scared stiff of them and just about copes with Zeus and Momo. OH has said no to loads of breeds but it's only because he wants a St bernard or a newfie. I think once we have one, then I'll pretty much have free range of any breed.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Both me and OH love Border Collies andGerman Shepherds. I have wanted a German Shepherd since I can remember and we have 3 BCs now so there isnt really a breed that iv wanted that I cant have...of course if love a Springer, Rottie, Dobie etc but I dont think Ill get there somehow lol
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
in my house (live with nana) im not allowed a big dog she doesnt want big dogs in the house... which is why i have the cresteds, big dogs in a little body

my uncle wants a dog as living with nana hes always grown up with them, but his girlfriend wont have anything that hunts animals so he isnt allowed a beagle, which he wants, or a terrier of some kind. what a ridiculous rule

however when i move in with the OH this year (fingers crossed) he isnt fussed at what dogs we have. he likes all dogs and sees a dog as a dog and he doesnt mind what breed we have. so bring on my cute squishy boxer puppy
Does she not know that all dogs are predators and all were bred to hunt? (except the ones that were too pampered)

Originally Posted by littlefoot View Post
I can't have a german shepherd The next door neighbour is scared stiff of them and just about copes with Zeus and Momo. OH has said no to loads of breeds but it's only because he wants a St bernard or a newfie. I think once we have one, then I'll pretty much have free range of any breed.
Your OH sounds like mine. I'll let him have a Newfie - I've seen them working and they are brill - plus I love any dog that will swim - having 2 that won't and one that hasn't really had chance to

Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Both me and OH love Border Collies andGerman Shepherds. I have wanted a German Shepherd since I can remember and we have 3 BCs now so there isnt really a breed that iv wanted that I cant have...of course if love a Springer, Rottie, Dobie etc but I dont think Ill get there somehow lol
He can borrow Louie for a week - he'll fall in love with the Springer in him. I'm convinced thats all he is, seen no lab traits other than his looks LOL Oh and the tail and the sitting on you.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Does she not know that all dogs are predators and all were bred to hunt? (except the ones that were too pampered)

i know when he was younger he used to do alot of hunting, so he has a soft spot for all the type of dogs he worked with... god knows what they will end up with
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by littlefoot View Post
There has been a local news story about a man who shot his next-door neighbours because of their choice of breed! His wife was terrified of large dogs and they got a Rottweiller x Bullmastiff. I think there may be a bit more to the story than what I saw though as my Mum said they used to let the dog roam outside the 2 houses which was inconsiderate if you know someone is scared of your dog.
He got 18 years I think but they weren't killed fortunately but the man lost a finger and his wife had a back injury I think.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2011, 03:26 PM
There is no breed that I am not allowed, but many I would not own!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
There is no breed that I am not allowed, but many I would not own!
Same here As the dogs are totally mine and I do everything for them I am afraid my OH doesn't get any say in what dog I choose to get Hence me getting a HL CC despite his reservations

When the time comes that he puts as much effort into the dogs as I do then we will decide on a breed together but until then...............
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Same here As the dogs are totally mine and I do everything for them I am afraid my OH doesn't get any say in what dog I choose to get Hence me getting a HL CC despite his reservations

When the time comes that he puts as much effort into the dogs as I do then we will decide on a breed together but until then...............
thats my arguement. i do everything for the dogs, and if im there i look after his more than he does too. so until he puts in as much effort he doesnt get a say. he likes alot of gundogs but i said to him there is no way on this earth he would get up and take the dog out for an hour if the weather was sh*tty or he wanted a lie in because hes been out with his mates the night before.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >